Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Maps, E52

sawimac

Ovi Maps, E52

Hi,

Last friday i was updated soft to 051.18 in my Nokia E52,

now when i turn on Ovi Maps to check my location,

i can see the map, and on the top of the display is information

"searching for location".

In navigation mode, when i set an destination place,

and choose "drive to"  there is an information "Waiting for GPS".

Before soft update everything was OK.

Someone can help me?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Ovi Maps, E52

Check the positioning method  

Menu> Applications > GPS data and Options > Positioning settings >

Positioning methods> Assisted GPS > Options > Enable

If you use only Integrated GPS then getting the GPS to work you should go to an area open to sky..  The GPS lock may anything between 5 and 25 minutes depending upon the surroundings and weather..With A-GPS you may get that working much quicker.. 

Most probably, after the updates the settings have reverted to only Integrated GPS..

But keep in mind that using A-GPs may cost you a little as it uses the Network connection..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
sawimac

That's true. With A-GPS is much better, but before firmware update, and Ovi Maps (to v3.04) update, navigation was working great with only integrated gps.

So that was real free navigation, but now if i must using it with a-gps, it wasn't :/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

There is no reason why your phone should not work with Integrated GPS alone after the update to V3.04.

I suggest trying again with with everything other than Integrated GPS disabled. It could have been just a satellite signal glitch on the day. Make sure you place the phone where it gets a good view of the sky.

You could also try using the GPS Data application and and use the Satellite Status function to see if your ohone is seeing any satellites.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
CeeBee2

Hello cjlim...

A related question (sort of).  I use Nokia Maps v.3.03 and Maps 0.1.25.114 (talk about confusing terminology), which work quite nicely on E52.  Maps 3.03 still has the little satellite icon in the lower left corner, which I find quite useful.  Maps 3.04 does not.

If I update my firmware to the current 052.003 (or whatever may be the firmware version), what Map version is included?  I do want to have a Map version with the satellite icon still intact...

Best, CBA

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

OVI Maps v3.03 is the last version with satellite strength icon included and you have the most recent map set.

Hopefully sombody running v052.003 can give you definitive answer as to which version of OVI Maps pre-installed in device firmware.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tnyxero

Hello can you add mountain resorts from Romania on ovi maps ? for example: Sinaia, Predeal ,Poiana Brașov, Păltiniș, Bușteni
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

If you have found errors or missing data you could always address issue to:

http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dashboard/

Please use plain text.
AndreyLG

Hi.

Today I´ve updated firmware to 53.001 (through NSU) and OVI Maps are still ver. 3.03 10wk13b01 (before my e52 had fw 33.002).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Latest version OVI Maps v3.04_10wk32_b03_s60_3.2.sis available here:

http://maps.nokia.com/services-and-apps/ovi-maps/downloads#/nokia-e52/

Please use plain text.
AndreyLG

Thx, I know it. But i thought that with a new firmware should be installed newest version of OviMaps.

Main problem with additional installation of OviMaps - that old version will be not overwritten and new ver. of OviMaps will be installed on phone memory too (it means fewer free phone memory). It is not possible to choose "install on card" :smileysad:.

Please use plain text.