Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Maps doesn't know Hawaii

Contributor
mofoman53

Ovi Maps doesn't know Hawaii

Can someone tell me if they get taken to the continent Antartica when they search for Honolulu, Hawaii?  For some reason all the places that I search for on Ovi Maps are located on Antartica.  I don't know how to fix this problem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Ovi Maps doesn't know Hawaii

Not a problem on my Nokia 5800xm.. BTW providing your device details as well as the Maps version may be more helpful to provide a solution / suggestion..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mofoman53

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion

My phone is a N97 with Ovi Maps version 3.06. 

All the places and street names that are found in Hawaii are showing up on Antartica. 

What application do you use to take screen shots?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

I am also with v3.06..

BTW have a look at this for Screen shots..

http://store.ovi.com/content/1540?clickSource=search

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

farby wrote:

BTW have a look at this for Screen shots..

http://store.ovi.com/content/1540?clickSource=search

If you can't be doing with OVI Store have a look at:http://www.smartphoneware.com/screen_snap-for-s60-5th-edition-product.php

Screenshot for Honolulu:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mofoman53

Here are some screen shots from my phone. 

First picture is my location - red dot in Honolulu

second picture is when I search online for honolulu - 7000 mi away from honolulu

3rd picture is where it takes me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@mofoman53

Does it make any difference to outcome if you tap on "red dot with compass arrow" top left of screen to reveal "My Position"?

I can replicate "bug" by carrying out "Online" search for Citron St,Hawaii,USA for this result: However can get there eventually manually:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mofoman53

It doesn't make a difference if I tap on the red dot, everytime I do an online search for any address or location in Hawaii I still get results taking me to Antartica.  Manual searches work but I always liked the search because it was usually a lot quicker. 

This was not a problem when Ovi Maps first became free.  I only noticed this about a 2 months ago.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MartinHo

Hi everyone,

This issue is recognized and developers are priorizing it. It will be corrected for the next release.

Thanks for informing and please feel free to report more issues whenever you find them.

Best regards,

Martin

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kelly7873

I just got my C7 today. I'm in Honolulu and I have the same problem. I'll do a search and it will find the right address but then show that it is in Antarctica. I hope they're still working on the problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Kelly7873 wrote:

I just got my C7 today. I'm in Honolulu and I have the same problem. I'll do a search and it will find the right address but then show that it is in Antarctica. I hope they're still working on the problem.

@Kelly7873

Unfortunately I do not know whether this has been solved in the current OVI Maps v3.07 pre-release application over at Nokia Beta Labs, but probably still a bit soon for resolution.

Please use plain text.