Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Maps for Serbia

Counsellor
mss1988

[ Edited ]

So we have the navigation, but we don't have the maps :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sapphire_07

I have tested this and it works great, although you can’t insert the name of the street, but you can go to satellite view and manually find your destination. However it does not work on my phone, even though I have the latest maps installed.

But the real question is for how long was this feature (bug) available. If this was recently released, that probably means that detailed maps are coming soon. It seems that the hard part (navigation) is over, the only thing that remains is making the street names searchable, and that should be relatively easy.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait long…

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

Actually navigation is not hard part, because it only depend on maps, so if you have the maps, you also have a navigation. The hard part is to collect map data.
Please use plain text.
Jovan_J

I found this "feature" 2-3 months ago and I think that this was available at the same time when detailed maps were available but they forgot to disable it when they "removed" maps from server.

I think that this "feature" is proof that there are detailed maps of Serbia on maps.nokia.com rigt now ( just not visible) or navigation wouldn't work. So someone should contact Nokia Maps team or Elop (I doubt he will respond) to point them to this topic so they can give us official response about maps.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

I did it, check my post. But with no success.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sapphire_07

Well, although the mail from Elop was helpful, his answer was more political and I doubt he even checked the maps. What we need to do is write on Nokia Beta Labs blog and explain that detail maps exist and they work, only that they are not visible. There is a good chance that they don’t even know.

This is no longer a problem about not having detailed maps, but that there is a bug that prevents them from being visible.

Please use plain text.
urosg3

[ Edited ]

I need to put my businiess on OVI map, in Serbia, on main road e-75. Is that possible, tnx in advance

Moderator's note: Foreign language removed. Nokia Support Discussions is a mulitnational forum accessible from every Nokia website around the world. In order to make operations simpler, we use English as a common language for all forum activities.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TinaStefanovic

[ Edited ]

I contacted Nokia online support via email twice so far and included my mobile phone number aswell. They were really caring and responsible both times and called me within a couple of hours. But they said the same thing both times (although the period between my two emails was about 6-7 months) - they are constantly working on the improvement. But I really don't get it, I mean, how long do we have to wait?!

By the time they improve the maps for Serbia, we will probably have changed our phones and don't need the maps anymore... who knows what the new discoveries could bring.

In the meantime, I will keep saving my money to buy a device that is really worthy.

Moderator's note: Foreign language removed. Nokia Support Discussions is a mulitnational forum accessible from every Nokia website around the world. In order to make operations simpler, we use English as a common language for all forum activities.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cvele2

I have been waiting for Nokia detailed map of Serbia for about a year now... And I really do not understand why Nokia cannot see one fact - it still has a user stronghold in Serbia, unlike in the rest of the world.

I will probably give up on this company, and one of the reasons will be the lack of detailed map (in 2012!). And I do not think that Nokia has the luxury to loose customers.

Please use plain text.
dusko

A few days ago there is a detailed map of Albania at maps.nokia.com. Only Serbia, Moldova and Belarus do not have detailed maps.

Please use plain text.
urosg3

More, and less, with every singe excuse possible, this became political issue. Whats wrong with

1. Moldova

2. Serbia

3. Belarus

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

FINNS HATE US!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sapphire_07

It’s not just Europe. Most of the world is covered. Apart from most of Africa, and some Middle Eastern countries, Serbia is one of the only countries without detailed maps. It’s not possible that we are the last on their list.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

Please use plain text.
oranos007

I mean, using Google Maps on mobile phone while Ovi just stands there is plain stupid, but what else to do? :/

I really hope they make maps available in following month.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sapphire_07

This is becoming ridicules. There still are no maps for Nokia phones and on maps.nokia.com site, but if you go to Bing maps, you can see detailed maps of Serbia and in the bottom left corner you can also see “Maps by Nokia”. This means that Nokia has successfully converted Navteq maps and published them on Bing Maps site. It is very strange that those maps would appear on Bing before they become available for Nokia devices.

Please use plain text.
dusko

Ok. Two months passed, and nothing. What now? To wait 2 more months?

Re: MH5 using custom map provider? 2012-08-28, 19:02#4

atjin
Nokia Developer Moderator
Hi Ntek, It looks like we will be getting detailed maps of Serbia within the next two months - if we are lucky even next month.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
momcilo

Congratulation to all Serbian citizens. We are finally the only country in Europe that is ignored by Nokia Maps.

Way to go Nokia! :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
urosg3

Ihaa, tnx Momcilo.

Well, after killing MeeGo, this is one more thing why my N900 is last Nokia in my pocket. But this is something for Serbia, great thing as well. One and only country in Europe. What about Kosovo?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
momcilo

Oh, my! I have made THE mistake: Belarus and Moldova are also absent from the planet Earth.

It so good when you are in company, and not alone! It makes your hearth tick harder!
Please use plain text.