Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Maps for Serbia

Jovan_J

Detailed map available at Nokia HERE

http://here.net/44.7922972,20.51441,13,0,0,live%20map.day

Please use plain text.
dusko

When it will be available for download?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

It's a Community map, which is not exactly true. Look at the example of Novi Sad, the Danube flows through the northern part of Petrovaradin.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
presario2

Can we use this map on our phones?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nemke

Its very interesting fact  -  when the map (latest ver. for nokia belle users) of Serbia is installed (besides the fact that only main roads are displayed) -  Skoplje in FYROM seems to be fully covered, as Ive installed Macedonia map instead of Serbia map. :confused: .....

Also I really would like to know why is Serbia excluded from detailed mapping, and why that problem seem to be unsolved for more than a year or so...Latest version of Serba map , updated via map loader (Map Ver.00.02.47.103 Release date: 17.12.2012)  gave no changes.

The link posted above shows Belgrade in details, but can be downloaded. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

It seems that it's detailed on Windows Phone, but isn't on Symbian.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
momcilo

Can you confirm that for WF.

And btw: offline routing does not work with latest version.
It works only online, which means they can pull the plug any time.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

[ Edited ]

I can't confirm myself because I don't have a WP device, but there's some sources that confirms my stating:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/12/28/nokia-maps-drive-transport-and-city-lens-answering-your-qu...

"We have maps data for nearly 200 countries and navigation for around 100 countries. Of course we continue expanding our coverage, in fact, Serbia and Israel, which many of you were waiting for, are now in our database too."

And there was also some chick commented on mobilnisvet.com that she uses detailed maps of Serbia on her WP device, I can't find the comment again, it seems that it's removed or something.

All in all the fact is, we Symbian users are not important anymore, just like we Serbian users were never ever important. Just except accept the ugly truth (or move to Android) :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sapphire_07

In my opinion, you are probably talking about Bing maps on Windows Phone. On WP there are Bing maps, but only on Nokia Lumias you get Nokia maps, and although Bing maps are powered by Nokia, there is a difference in coverage. You can see that on their site. If there were Nokia aka Here maps available on either WP or Symbian they should be visible on the site.

So I don’t think that there are two different databases of maps in Nokia, so when (if) they release detailed maps for Serbia, they should be available on all Nokia operating systems.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

You think wrong! I have htc 8X (and Nokia E7), and in windows phone is Nokia Maps. When I buy phone there is no detailed map of Serbia, just like on Symbian. Couple weeks ago, there was update in Maps where we get detailed map of Serbia.

Please use plain text.
IvanSrbBgd

[ Edited ]

http://m.maps.nokia.com/

michaelk use this link and try to find detailed maps for Serbia. Nokia does not cover Serbia. Why, I do not know...

maybe they updated win 8 phones from nokia to here maps. here maps ahve detailed map of Serbia, but it can't be used on win 7.x phones...

Please use plain text.
dusko

Today (24.1.2013), Nokia maps for Serbia appeared at www.here.net
Yesss:-).
Please use plain text.
dusko

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sapphire_07

Yes!!! They finally came!

Now I guess it’s just a matter of time until they make them available for download.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

There are some inconsistencies with maps, for example Batajnica is Zemun?!? In Novi Sad, some intersection with a roundabout are not draw as roundabout, but they are here for couple years!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
presario2

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
presario2

Still no update...

This is definitively the last nokia phone i ever bought!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sapphire_07

Nokia updates their maps 3-4 times a year, so even though there are maps available on here.com, it may still be a couple of months before they become available for download.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
presario2

They should update when there is a need for update. For a long time we are one of the last countries without a detailed map and now when they finaly have detailed map on here they don't care about giving us that update.

I paid good money for my phone and it's very annoying to get such a treatment from Nokia.

Last time ever i bought a Nokia phone!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rider111

[ Edited ]

Now I'm confused.

I just updated Serbia, still no change. Only major roads and cities without streets.

The maps and batt life were the main reasons I bought Nokia (symbian), and that is why I was thinkin of bying it again, but...

If they gona make maps with only online routing, stop support and maps update for symbian, there is still no detailed map for Serbia and not to mention the price of symbian phones in Serbia even now when they give it up...

I, just don't know now.

I do not want to go Android, but this is big BS.

Please use plain text.