Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Maps map of Mauritius

Contributor
luotinen

Ovi Maps map of Mauritius

I am unable to install the map of Mauritius (and many other non navigable maps) on my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. It seems that the non navigable maps do not appear on the list at all. Please advice.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Did you look under the Africa heading .

jje

Please use plain text.
Contributor
luotinen

Yes, I tried looking with different viewing options. The above image I have attached shows with the filter All and Mauritius is not present. I can attach another image with Africa filter if you like.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mayevenfun

Against need maurtius map.thank
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/newest-Nokia-Ovi-Maps-0-1-25-114-manual-download/td-p/778870

and request for Mauritius.. will get if you are lucky enough..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage
ovikovi

luotinen wrote:

I am unable to install the map of Mauritius (and many other non navigable maps) on my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. It seems that the non navigable maps do not appear on the list at all. Please advice.

Yes

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/download-software/maps-support/pricing-and-coverage/map-coverage-tool

Mauritius isn't covered at all, unfortunately.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mayevenfun

Waiting mauritius maps. With a big candle with crossed finger.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JM_Traveler

Ovi Maps map of Mauritius - Update

[ Edited ]

As a traveler, I found the Nokia OVI Maps very useful. I will be on holiday this year to the popular Island resort of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. Is there a way to upload the OVI Map of Mauritius on the phone. It does not seem to be listed under Africa in the latest version. However the lesser know Reunion Island is listed.

Is there a lack of information that prevents 'Nokia' from including this island. If so how can it be rectified. I am sure there will be a lot of people willing to pitch in and help you.  All you have to do is ask.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Ovi Maps map of Mauritius - Update

@JM_Traveler

Unfortunately Mauritius remains non-navigable:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
islandstyle

Hello all

Any ides where we may request the map of mauritus to be added? Links or websites?
Please use plain text.
kes4792

i always use google maps for mauritius.... its better and contains almost details and 99.5% of all roads

Please use plain text.
akshaypk004

use google maps instead of ovi maps..better use samsung than nokia..nokia is **bleep** compared to google..thats why they are loosing market share to samsung an google...nokia does not innovate
Please use plain text.