Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Maps on Nokia 5530

Advisor
ffbfloo

Ovi Maps on Nokia 5530

Here is a tip how to install Ovi Maps on Nokia 5530. First download Ovi Suit 2. Then connect your 5530 via bluetooth on Ovi Suit.Then go Instruments-Upgrade Software.Will show Ovi Maps 3.0 and download. Then connect your phone via usb cable and install on your phone. IF U DON'T DOWNLOAD WHEN U ARE CONNECTED VIA BLUETOOTH AND AFTER CONNECT THE USB CABLE WILL NOT WORK>

HOPE it will be useful. Give Kudos

Please use plain text.

Hello friends.

Only Nokia Maps Updater 3.0 can install Nokia Maps on the 5530! (info from 0800)

Download the Nokia Maps Updater from nokia.com (any version will work, i picked e63)

Install it and let it download any updates (for itself) until it reaches 3.0 version.

With NMU updated to 3.0 version, connect the 5530 in pc suite mode, and install Maps 3.0 on it.

After that run Maps from 5530 one time, and close it (it will create necessary folders)

Finally, download nokia map loader, let it update itself, and download any maps!

Right now, I'm downloading Brazil maps into mine!

(I'll post back if anything fail.)

Please use plain text.

I've successfully installed ovi maps on 5530 using basically the same steps as above.

Can anyone explain to me how network positioning works ? Do I actually have to go online or can the phone work out the position without incurring any charges. When I first installed maps, it showed me in roughly the correct position. I tried it out on a journey and the position changed several times. The only problem is, that now I'm back home, maps shows my position as still being at the last position  (around 8 miles away) and nothing seems to change it.

Please use plain text.

What you mean by "my position"? The 5530 doesn't have a GPS module/antenna!

You can add points of your interest as "Favorites" and use em in your routes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dani2468

Can someone help me?

Well, i've got nokia maps on my phone with all the software but everytime it wants to connect to the internet then it somehow fails. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Can someone help me?

Well, i've got nokia maps on my phone with all the software but everytime it wants to connect to the internet then it somehow fails. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS

What phone what maps  what internet connection have you set in the maps .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
peter9870

I have Ovi maps 3.03 installed on my 5530. I've tried updating it with version 3.04 but when installing it says 'Unable to install. No access' An ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gigan

I encountered the same problem when I tried to upgrade. Seems to me that Nokia is now checking the phone model and Ovi Maps is not officially supported for the 5530.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bensonw

Hi All,

Is it possible that Nokia has closed the loophole? I've investigated several methods described in this post, and they don't seem to match with what is actually available out for download nowadays. As far as I can see, "maps updater" and "maps loader" no longer exist - it seems there is currently only one "channel" through which to load maps onto your phone, and that is via Ovi Suite. Any download links that I can find by searching for the terms used in the posts above all lead to the one thing - downloading the maps application version for your particular phone. I selected 5530 and then downloaded the .sis file to my PC. Then upon transferring to my phone, I discovered my phone already has the lasted version of maps installed on it.

The problem comes when I connect up Ovi Suite, and it says "cannot find maps or voice guidance files in your device. This is due to either of the following reasons: your device does not support the Nokia Maps application, or the maps and voice guidance files in your device are corrupted. "

All the other syncing features in Ovi Suite are working fine, which means there is no problem with the connection between the phone and PC.

I can't see how the files would be corrupt, since I just recently had my phone system completely reinstalled at a Nokia shop, and this is the first time since then that I've tried to do anything with the Maps application.

On the other hand, if my device doesn't support the Nokia Maps application, then why does it come with Maps already installed, and why am I able to download a version of Nokia Maps for 5530 from the official Nokia website?

When I open the maps app on my phone, with WiFi connected, it seems to be trying to work, as I can see that it is downloading data, but it just keeps giving me a blank screen and a "no info available" message.

Anybody had any recent success?

Thanks,

Benson 

Please use plain text.
verital

Thanks for the information. it's been really usefull :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
verital

Please use plain text.