Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi maps 3.1: Europe navigation licence has ex...

Registered Member
Trumple

Ovi maps 3.1: Europe navigation licence has expired?!

Hi there

I am having major issues with Ovi maps on my N95

I first tried to get the new free ovi maps to work on my N95 by downloading the Nokia maps updater. When I plug in my device, it searches for an update for the N95, then says 'Could not gather enough information about the phone', and exits

I have tried updating my phone software, but that did not help.

I read on the forums how to download it manually, and so I did. I now have Ovi maps 3.1 on my N95, and I downloaded the maps to go with it too.

But still, I am unable to update the maps properly to remove the licence issue!

Whenever I try to start a navigation, it tells me the Europe Licence has expired

Please help, thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Ovi maps 3.1: Europe navigation licence has expired?!

What you have is probably V3.01 which is not the free version. The free version V3.04 does not support the N95. Hence, free navigation is not available for the N95.

Please use plain text.