Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PROBLEM UPDATING 5800 TO NEW OVI MAPS

Advisor
minko_t
Accepted Solution

PROBLEM UPDATING 5800 TO NEW OVI MAPS

I  have e problem updating nokia 5800 to ovi  maps 3.6  , i have the newest version of ovi suite and it finds the update starts to download it and when it's finished it goes - ERROR UPDATING , RESTART AND TRY AGAIN , IF PROBLEM PERSIST UPDATE TO NEWEST VERSION OF OVI STORE -  so my problem is that i already have the newest version an i tried restarting the process like 10 times already :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
minko_t

COME ON GUYS ,THAT'S THE ONLY POST WITHOUT AN ASWER .....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try it from the Beta Labs..

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/ovi-maps-for-mobile-v3-06-check-in-update

Read and follow the Download / Installation details..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
minko_t

i am not talking about beta aplication of maps, ovi suite is showing a final version as an available update :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Whilst easy for me to say as keep little data on device, provided that you backup all essential data first you could always reset device to "out of box" state as a last resort by keying in *#7370# followed by 12345 (default Nokia lock code unless altered by yourself) which would revert to OVI Maps version pre-installed in device firmware.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Uno_Hoo

I today received an e-mail from Nokia concerning the latest update to Ovi Maps. I followed the provided link, 'signed in' to my Nokia account, only to be told that the latest update to Ovi Maps is not compatible with the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music...

One hopes that mapping updates (rather than software updates) will still be available for the 5800.

Kev

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Uno_Hoo wrote:

I today received an e-mail from Nokia concerning the latest update to Ovi Maps. I followed the provided link, 'signed in' to my Nokia account, only to be told that the latest update to Ovi Maps is not compatible with the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music.

Don't know what 's going on here but this is what you are after:

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/ovi_maps_installer_3.06_11wk10_b01_s60_5....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Grif2004

I bought a Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition, which worked fine.  An upgrade for maps became available and I downloaded it.  Now I have no maps, ovi suite says the new maps are not compatible with my phone.  When I bought the phone, Nokia claimed that it would always have "free" maps available.  Now I spend my time trying to revert to an older version.  Maybe I should buy an android phone or iphone like everyone else.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you try to upgrade to the latest V3.08 which is not compatible with S60 devices ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Grif2004

If you update to latest version of Ovi Maps v3.06 http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/ ovi_maps_installer_3.06_11wk23_b05_s60_5... it has to delete existing map data for use with v3.04 and start again with latest data.You can always use "Update" feature within Ovi Maps v3.06 to obviate need to utilise Ovi Suite > Maps for this purpose.

Please use plain text.
kalyan_chv2000

I am having the same problem. It shows the update in the software update but will not install. I tried updating from mobile also but not happening. I have also tried software updater........

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@kalyan_chv2000

I would suggest that you delete E:\Cities +.qf file as folders will be recreated next time application is opened and also try going to Go to Menu > Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps and uninstall any of these present: Open C LIBSSL,Open C LIBSSL Patch, OVI Maps Wi-Fi/Network Positioning, PIPS Installer, Share Location Agent, Share Location, Share Location Widget, Standard C++ Library Common, Standard C++ Library Patch, Symbian OS Pipes Upgrade, Symbian OS PIPS Upgrade & Upgrade for OpenC LIBZ Support.

Now try to update again.

Please use plain text.
kalyan_chv2000

Thanks it worked.

aspergerguy wrote:

@kalyan_chv2000

I would suggest that you delete E:\Cities +.qf file as folders will be recreated next time application is opened and also try going to Go to Menu > Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps and uninstall any of these present: Open C LIBSSL,Open C LIBSSL Patch, OVI Maps Wi-Fi/Network Positioning, PIPS Installer, Share Location Agent, Share Location, Share Location Widget, Standard C++ Library Common, Standard C++ Library Patch, Symbian OS Pipes Upgrade, Symbian OS PIPS Upgrade & Upgrade for OpenC LIBZ Support.

Now try to update again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ovimzf

Thanks Kalyan, your suggestion works

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GanapathySN

Thanks Kalyan...The problem is resolved.  The only other thing which I did in addtion is - reset to factory settings and followed your steps.

Please use plain text.