Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Permament Nokia Maps Suite 3.9.95 update in No...

Mobile Visionary
nismonet
Accepted Solution

Permament Nokia Maps Suite 3.9.95 update in Nokia Store

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I installed latest version of Nokia Maps Suite 3.9.95 five times in a row from Nokia Store and the update to the same version is still available - see enclosed screenshot. How to fix this?

Phone: Nokia E7-00

Firmware: Symbian Belle 111.030.0609

Nokia Store client: 3.24.053 beta

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: Permament Nokia Maps Suite 3.9.95 update in Nokia Store

[ Edited ]

Hi nismonet,

Thanks for your post.

Try going into your main menu and then SW update then go to settings (the icon for settings looks like three lines in the bottom right hand corner) and then switch off Auto check for updates.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

I really didnt expect this reply from a moderator. The update is not shown in SW UPDATE menu on phone. But when you open store, the update to 3.9.95 is available. When you accept this and update, the updating works fine. And then if you go to store again, you get this same update again. This issue is not unique to the thread starter. All of us are facing this "permanent update" bug. You can check other threads here in this forum.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@timkamat

Hi,

Using a Nokia 700 with Nokia Belle installed I updated the Nokia Maps suite using the SW UPDATE menu on the phone , so the update was shown.

Regards

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rjunchaya

Hi. 

I'm experiencing the same problem. I deselected the Auto-check for updates form the SW settings and the Nokia Store is not showing the update anymore, but I get suspicious about the version of Maps that I have installed, as it reads 3.09 12wk09 b05. It looks quite beta for me, and there is no way to uninstall the Maps to try to reinstall the commercial version.

I actually would like to know a way to reinstall the whole Maps Suite. There is none of the Maps apps shown in Settings->Installations->Already installed. None of them. And it seems impossible to uninstall the apps from the main menu with contextual menus, as they do not show the option to delete them.

I have an N8 running Belle.

Rafael J

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
nismonet

Raoul_Duke, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately your solution is not working for me. I still see the update available in Nokia Store client.

rjunchaya, version 3.09 12wk09 b05 is the latest final version which is included in Nokia Maps Suite 3.3.95. For sure it is not beta. You can try to unistall Nokia Maps using the file 2001f63_unistall.sisx which you can find on C: drive (I'm not 100% sure about this method - I found it on another forum).

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@nismonet

Hi,

Have you tried installing the update through Nokia suite?
You can find instructions on how to do this on the below link:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download#/nokia-n8-00...

Try this and let me know how you get on.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@rjunchaya

So just to confirm since de - selecting auto check for updates are you still getting the same error where it keeps saying update for maps available?

Also to confirm the maps version I have on Nokia 700 is V3.09 12wk09 b05. This is the latest version and is not a beta.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

The problem, as I mentioned at /t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Maps-suite-updated-for-Belle/m-p/1373299#M40069 is that the version number that Nokia Store is looking for is wrong, thouh I would add that it seems from the comments on the store that the version being installed is actually 3.9.8.

I have experienced this before with another app.

I can only suggest ignoring the update notification until a new version is available with a correct versipn number.

Although misdescribed in the store, you will have got the latest version available.
N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
nismonet

Raoul_Duke, I do not have any updates available in Nokia Suite.

andy3196, so you suggest that we still have version 3.9.8 installed instead of 3.9.95? I hope that future release of Nokia Maps Suite will fix this "permament update" problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rjunchaya

Actually, ti seem to work for a while, but next day I keep having the same problem. The check-for-updates option is de-selected, but I still receive info of the update to 3.9.95. I confirm it did NOT work :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

There may be a silver lining in all these. When I first installed it on my N8, I encountered some problem. So i went into OVI store and reinstall it again and the problem greatly reduces.Good job the 'update available' is still there.

Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

I have the same problem. Every time I go to the Nokia Store on my phone I am told that there is a new version of Maps available. I forget how many times I have downloaded and installed it, never receiving any error message. Recently I started checking and noticed that the 'new' version number was always the same: Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 v3.9.95.

I am using a Nokia 701 running 111.01.1009.321.01 (I have no idea why FP1 has not arrived yet, and Nokia Taiwan seems determined not to tell me, although it has been advertised on the Taiwan web site for weeks.) I have automatic software updates switched on, and also frequently check manually for updates (as I am waiting expectantly for FP1. There never are any,

When I open Maps and check Versions I see

V3.09 12wk09 b05

MW OpenGL MN

Map Version 0.2.45.110

But when I look in Nokia suite I see

Nokia Maps 3.09(8)  map Version 0.2.45.110

So it looks to me as if the Nokia store and Ovi suite are reading the wrong map number from somewhere, which for whatever reason is not being updated. The therefore continually prompt me to download the same thing.

Alan Watson

Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

Forgot to mention: turning automatic updates off makes absolutely no difference whatever. The maps update is still shown every time I go to the store from my phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
N4SPD

Hi all,

I updated maps through OTA (it appeared there some maps updated which took a while to install...).

I checked and my maps version is as follows:

V3.09 12wk09 b05

MW OpenGL MN

Map Version 0.2.45.110

However, when I access to Nokia Store, I see an update for my maps.... tried to install it several times... installations says "Done, have fun!" but every time I acess Store same update promts me again.

There's some error somewhere, so please fix it!!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
N4SPD

I'd likle to add there are a lot of complaints too on Nokia Store about this "repeating" update.
I think almost everybody shows maps version 3.9.8... so I think that update is not working.

Have fun...
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Sorry for the trouble, this issue is currently under investigation. Nokia Store may show an update for Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 even though the latest version is already installed. There's no newer version available at Store, so you can ignore the Maps Suite update status for the moment.

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

[ Edited ]

pj98 wrote:

Sorry for the trouble, this issue is currently under investigation. Nokia Store may show an update for Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 even though the latest version is already installed. There's no newer version available at Store, so you can ignore the Maps Suite update status for the moment.

update issue is now fixed. Updating will now install 3.9.95 (it reinstalled the maps app on my N8) and you will no longer get a notification.

Looking again at reviews it seems as if the correct update might not have beenrolled out fully yet (some reviews are still being posted with 3.9.8 as version number) so it might not be available evereywhere just yet. i'm in the UK.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Hi all,

Out of curiosity I want to know when you install Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 via Nokia Store and you have selected E: Mass Memory as the default memory for installing applications via Nokia Store, will Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 install on E: Mass Memory or will it still install on C: Phone Memory even though E: Mass Memory is selected as default?

According to my knowledge I know that when you install Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 via SW Updater on the phone Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 will install on C: Phone Memory and also when you install Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 via Nokia Suite in PC it will install on C: Phone Memory even though you have selected preffered memory as E: Mass Memory.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

andy3196 wrote:

pj98 wrote:

update issue is now fixed. Updating will now install 3.9.95 (it reinstalled the maps app on my N8) and you will no longer get a notification.

Looking again at reviews it seems as if the correct update might not have beenrolled out fully yet (some reviews are still being posted with 3.9.8 as version number) so it might not be available evereywhere just yet. i'm in the UK.

Hi Andy3196,could you please tell me what version of Maps app your phone has installed now?

In my phone it's the version from the screenshot attached.

I have this issue,but i haven't done the upate yet because i want to know if the version of Maps app change.

Thanks. 

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.