Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problems with garmin on C6-01 and N8 (symbian bell...

oby1

Problems with garmin on C6-01 and N8 (symbian belle)

I have garmin (.60) install on C6-01 with belle and when I want to introduce the destination address the keyboard don't appear.
It appear only if I exit the application with menu key (garmin keep running in background) and reenter from taskmanager (keep long press on menu key).
What could be the problem and how i can solve? It is very annoying to repeat the procedure so you can wrote country, and after that city, street etc
Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Problems with garmin on C6-01 and N8 (symbian belle)

@oby

Thanks for pointing this out, exiting Garmin Mobile Xt and re-entering in this manner does not elicit keyboard upon N8 Belle although I can use the up and down arrows to scroll nearest "Cities" and other "Categories".

Makes another reason for not updating my E7 to Symbian Belle!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fvisagie

[ Edited ]

Same here on my N8 (Symbian Belle). I contemplated a roll-back, but experience so far has taught me that resisting upgrade roll-outs eventually leads to more frustration than the upgrades cause themselves.

Extremely annoying :smileyfrustrated:.

Edit:

I just discovered that the menu key work-around works on my phone! Thanks for your trouble in figuring it out.

It made me wonder whether the problem involves updating the screen with the keyboard display and tried the lock button. It works! Get to the Garmin edit box prompt, lock-unlock the screen and tap inside the edit box to display the keyboard.

Please use plain text.
nesicsrdjan

Re: Problems with garmin on N8 (symbian belle)

Lock and unlock  the keyboard

Please use plain text.
oby1

Thanks. I start to get tired to work with symbian. I never imagine how bad belle work. At least on C6-01

Please use plain text.