Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Reboot when starting Maps 3.04 on Nokia E72

Mobile Visionary

I also have "JoikuSpot Premium Edition" installed on my E72.

Posted within the last few days  this app is the problem particularly with new maps 3-04   . In positioning try turning off the new WI-FI based .

jje

Please use plain text.

I also have JoikuSpot Premium Edition on my E72.

Has anybody actually tried removing it, and seen the problem with maps 3.04 is then solved ?

Thanks for the feedback...

Please use plain text.
yavuzdursun

I had the same problem, on e72, the problem starts when you install joikuspot. After disabling wifi/network under positionning methods, everything works just fine. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
marcbyron

I am not sure if this is related, so we need to find out if there are other users out there you DON'T have Joikuspot Premium installed, but still have a crashing Ovi Maps 3.04

Please use plain text.
vader2k

I reported the same problem several days ago here, /t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Ovi-Maps-3-04-crashes-my-n97/td-p/703864

I e-mailed Joikuspot support and this is the response I received from them.

Dear Vader2k,

Nokia changed certain specs in their firmware, and some application developers like us, suddenly found out that their application was not working... This in spite of the fact that JoikuSpot is Symbian Signed! Anyway, we coded a fix to the problem as soon as we could, the file is in Symbian Signing and ready to be published on Monday or Tuesday. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Terveisin/Best Regards/Saludos cordiales,

Isabel Joiku Customer Support

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Trixolina

Joikuspot + new wifi positioning was causing some crashes--it is pretty much impossible to test against every third-party app and combinations of apps. But it looks like the fix is almost out.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

Investigating the issue has revealed that it is related to the simultaneous installation of the Joikuspot Premium application [version 2.6].

Therefore, the solution to this issue is the installation of the new version of Joikuspot Premium (version 3.0), in which this issue has been fixed.

If you have bought Joikuspot Premium from Joikuspot’s own shop, you should start the Jokuspot application and get the update directly from the application, or go to http://www.joikuspot.com/mobile. If you have bought Joikuspot Premium from the Ovi Store, you will need to update it from there (Ovi Store > My stuff > My download history).

Step-by-Step guidance / troubleshooting:

1. Problem: you experience phone reboot with first launch of Maps 3.04 after installation

2. Check: Do you have Joikuspot Premium 2.6 installed (version number can be checked from Options > About in Joikuspot application)?

3. If so, please install new version of Joikuspot Premium either from the Joikuspot application itself, or from Ovi Store. Please double check that you have the latest version of Joikuspot Premium, which is version 3.0

4. If the issue persists after installation of the new version of Joikuspot Premium 3.0, please contact Nokia Care.

NOTE! The issue does not happen on devices that had the Joikuspot Premium version 2.4 pre-installed as part of the firmware. KR Chris

Although i work for Nokia, my opinions are my own!

Got a Maps query? Check our Maps FAQ's
Please use plain text.
Sage
marcbyron

Thanks for the detailed fix description, however I am having a hard time downloading JoikuSpot 3.0. Ovi Store seems to still be on 2.6. When I went into my stuff, downloaded it again, installed it again, restarted the phone, started Joikuspot, it's still on 2.60

Please use plain text.
Employee

[ Edited ]

marcbyron wrote:

Thanks for the detailed fix description, however I am having a hard time downloading JoikuSpot 3.0. Ovi Store seems to still be on 2.6. When I went into my stuff, downloaded it again, installed it again, restarted the phone, started Joikuspot, it's still on 2.60

Hi,

Apologies - Joikuspot 3.0 is not yet available in the Ovi Store - we are looking to have it updated ASAP.

KR
Chris

Although i work for Nokia, my opinions are my own!

Got a Maps query? Check our Maps FAQ's
Please use plain text.
Sage
marcbyron

Just downloaded it from the joikuspot.com/mobile website and installing it now. I hope this is not messing up my Ovi Store license...

Please use plain text.
Sage
marcbyron

Ok, downloaded it from Joikuspot.com/mobile, installed it, restarted the phone.

Reactivated WiFi/Network positioning method for Ovi Maps.

Started Ovi Maps 3.04 and it WORKS!!!!

THANKS!!!

However, now my JoikuSpot license is gone. I will have to wait until it's available on the Ovi Store to reinstall it from there. Hopefully my license will be reinstated....

Please use plain text.
terminus

Dear Sir,

first please apologize my insufficiently english.

Regarding your Step-by-Step guidance / troubleshooting (17-06-2010):

I not have any installation of the application Joikuspot Premium on my E 72. I tried all solutions discussed here but the bug is still there and the application maps 3.04 and also (!) version 3.03 (after deleting 3.04) doesn't work at all.

when i start the application the first icon-screen (own position or drive ) appears for 1 second and that icon get closed immediately. But no reboot. Just always back to the icon maps.

R&D: Any idea how to get running the great application nokia maps on my E 72?

With my best regards

terminus

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
StuartPembery1

Same problem for me. N97, v21 Firmware and Joikuspot Premium.

Thanks for the details. Will upgrade Joikuspot and then try again.

Stuart

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
search_solution

I have the same problem. When starting OVI maps on the phone E72 after a few seconds it goes back to the Maps icon.  I don't know what happens. I have removed all Maps applications OVI and Nokia, cities file en qf file from the phone.

And re-install the Maps application, but problems still occurs.

My firmware version is up to date: 031.023. Maps version is 3.04. What goes wrong?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hairyman

Hang about. I have 5800xm v40.something never had joikusoft installed on this phone. Yet Ovi maps 3.04 (278) was fine untill 2 weeks ago used it to navigate 20 miles away. Now crashes whilst trying to sync on startup, reverts to maps folder. Had to remove, but older NOKIA maps does work but my nav licenses have expired and are no longer available.
Will try the wifi positioning thingy out though and try re-installing, if that fails I'll try the sledgehammer. Nothing annoys me more than non-functioning electronics.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi hairyman

Latest version of OVI Maps v3.04 10wk32 only released six days ago. Surprised that there isn't newer firmware available for your 5800XM unless network branded. There has never been an issue with WiFi/Network positioning method introduced in v3.04 on this particular model. If you do update anything perhaps set sync. to manual and try that.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.