Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Reboot when starting Maps 3.04 on Nokia E72

Reboot when starting Maps 3.04 on Nokia E72

I installed the brandnew Maps application version 3.04 on my Nokia E72, but when I start the application, the phone reboots. I installed the update through the built-in Software Updates feature.

Anybody has the same problem ?

Can I start "from scratch" ? I can't remove the Maps application altogether, it seems...

I'm using the last E72 firmware...

Thanks,

PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kayfour

Re: Reboot when starting Maps 3.04 on Nokia E72

same problem here, installed the new version through software update on my n97 mini with sw 10.0.020.227.02

when i start the application the first icon-screen appears looking normal, but shortly after that the screen 'fades' and the phone seems to do a soft reset displaying the start-screen with logo for quite a while before the main-screen appears. sometimes the phone 'locks' on the logo-screen and i'll have to remove the battery to get it to start correctly.

any ideas anybody?

/kayfour

2110 > 6110 > 7110 > 6310 > 6600 > 6680 > E60 > N95 > 5800 > N97 mini > N8 > N9
Please use plain text.
Advisor

exactly the same here with E52 latest firmware , after the upgrade to 3.04 maps is resetting everytime u start it !!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kaboomkazoom

I'm also facing the same problem on my E72 v031.023. I tried installing by the following ways:

• by downloading from maps.nokia.com
  • by downloading from Ovi store and
  • in-built software updater

In all the above cases the phone restarts every time I start new Maps v3.04.

Minsartp: For reverting to the previous version go to App. Manager > Installed Apps. Uninstall everything related to Maps e.g. Nokia Maps, Ovi Maps etc. That way it will revert to the original version of Maps that was installed as part of the firmware. That way its working on my phone now.

If anyone has any idea what the problem might be, please do let us know.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Richard_1

I have the same problem with the new Maps 3.04 on my N97 (firmware v20.0.019)  I downloaded the Maps update using the Software Update application.  As per the other posts, the application just about launches but as soon as Maps finishes loading, the phone crashes and usually reboots itself.  Once, the phone crashed and powered off.

I've uninstalled 3.04 so my phone has gone back to its default v3.01.  How can I get the stable v3.03 back?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yuserneim

I have the same problem on my Nokia E72, but if I disable the Wifi/location in GPS options the problem just gone.

PS: Sorry for my english :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kaboomkazoom

Kudos yuserneim. After I disabled Wi-Fi/Network in GPS > Positioning settings > Positioning methods, starting Maps v3.04 no longer restarts the phone and is now working fine on my E72.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor

the same happened to me. I deleted cities, all the ovi maps stuff; reinstalled etc etc etc.

Indeed the temp fix is to disable WiFi/Network based position methods.

Maybe if you just delete the added ovi maps file: Ovi Maps WiFi/network positioning (3.02(6)) it also 'fixes' this problem.

Something to try next here..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kayfour

disabling the wifi/network positioning setting on my n97 mini made everything start working again!

thanx!

/kayfour

2110 > 6110 > 7110 > 6310 > 6600 > 6680 > E60 > N95 > 5800 > N97 mini > N8 > N9
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
salmol

I have the same problem with my N97 (v 21.0.045) and latest Nokia Maps 3.04. Disabling WLAN/Network seems to help but I would like to have a fix for the software.

For those who don't know how to disable that, just go to settings, phone, application settings, navigation, navigation methods and uncheck the Wi-Fi/Network from there.

Please use plain text.

One step ahead ... but we're not there yet :smileysad:.

I tried the suggestions so far: after disabling Wifi/Network as a GPS Positioning method, MAPS just closes after a few seconds. However, it doesn't reboot my phone anymore.

@roelandjanssen: where did you find the ovi maps file: Ovi Maps Wifi/network positioning (3.02(6)) ? Was it installed with Maps version 3.04 ? I did see that 3.03 doesn't include a Wifi/Network positioning method. Apparently, it was introduced in 3.04.

After you have installed Maps 3.04, which applications in your list of "installed applications" (Ctrl. Panel / App. mgr. / Installed Applications) look like Maps-related applications ?

Thx,

Minsartp

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OliverLa

Some problem here with a N97 mini (FW: 10.0.020). Tried to delete map data and reinstalled did not solve the issue.

Disabling the "Wi-Fi/Network"  positioning methode fixed the restarting problem.

Please use plain text.
Vitara

[ Edited ]

Trying to reproduce that problem, without success so far :smileysad:

@OliverLa and Minsartp: Could you please help and answer few questions:

- from which Maps version did you upgrade to Maps 3.04?

- what other applications/widgets you have installed on device - please list all

- what are the positioning settings: Location/Positioning/Positioning server - what is defined?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Employee

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can all those who are affected by this issue send me a Private Message with the following information:

• Phone model
  • Firmware
  • Maps version which you upgraded to Maps 3.04
  • Applications/widgets that you have installed on device – please list all installed applications
  • Maps settings used: online/offline? Ovi account automatic sign in? automatic synchronization on start up?
  • Positioning settings: Location/Positioning/Positioning server – what is set as positioning server; Access Point: which access point in use?

With this information I can start investigations with R&D.

Thanks for your help and apologies for the problems this has caused.

KR
Chris

Although i work for Nokia, my opinions are my own!

Got a Maps query? Check our Maps FAQ's
Please use plain text.
Advisor

My E72 was the same. After disabling WiFi it works perfect.
Nokia E-72
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Disabling WiFi did not help me, either. I had to remove all related installations, reverting to 3.03. Strange.

Please use plain text.
Sage
marcbyron

@cbidlake: I am having the same issues on the N97, and I just sent you a private message with all the information you requested.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
juhato

I have the same problem with my Nokia N97 mini. The problems started when I installed a WLAN-hotspot-software (JoikuSpot Premium Edition 2.40)). Could this software be the reason to the problem?

Please use plain text.
Sage
marcbyron

Could be related, who knows? I also have JoikuSpot Premium on my N97. But then again, how many people have the same settings?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kaboomkazoom

I also have "JoikuSpot Premium Edition" installed on my E72.

Please use plain text.