Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Reinstalling Nokia Maps

Reinstalling Nokia Maps

Hello,

I want to share quite an annoying experience I made with Nokia Maps:

For a few weeks I had been testing the beta (2.0) on an E51.
Today I decided to reinstall the stable 1.2 version again (first I had to delete the 'cities' folder).
Shortly after I opened the program my landline phone rang and I forgot that Maps was running. A few minutes later I had to leave and put the E51 in my pocket (keys were automatically locked).
About 10 minutes later I looked at its display and saw that there was an active 3G connection that I never intentionally made.
Well, I figured out very fast that Nokia Maps was to blame.
I'm still not sure if Maps initially asked me wether to connect to the internet or not - the second I had opened the program the phone rang and I had to go to another room to pick up.
But even if it did aks and I assured without really noticing:
I am totally convinced that it NEVER asked if it should use mobile internet or my wireless network and because of that annoying fact Maps caused more than 1MB of traffic that will cost me about 7 Euros! Money I could have much better spent on a nice lunch ...

Cheers,

Marco

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker.)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Reinstalling Nokia Maps

[ Edited ]
hey, in the first place it's nice to know that you try beta versions of various s/w, though chances are very less that it could have used ur network automatically without your consent. It is always best to leave beta versions for advanced users to try, and not waste your money on it(through n/w usage, bet you could have had a good luch with it).
if you can get in touch with me , i may be able to let u know how to get the google maps 2.0, as i have it in my E51, which i purchased recently.

*E-mail removed*

Message Edited by spanishtaco on 05-Apr-2008 06:22 PM
Please use plain text.