Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Remove Tripadvisor

jhals
Accepted Solution

Remove Tripadvisor

How can I remove Tripadvisor from my Nokia 5230?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

jhals wrote:

How can I remove Tripadvisor from my Nokia 5230?

Whilst in OVI Maps applcation click on "Spanner icon" > Internet > Connection - set to "Online"

Click on "More" (white cross on blue flag) which should reveal this screen where you can "Untick" it:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
jhals

Thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kermit

[ Edited ]

Hmm weird - I've done as suggested but when I tap 'More' (it's not a 'white cross with blue flag' - more like 'four squares - 2x2 - with top left one blue with white cross, while the other 3 are plain white), I don't get that screen

All I get is 'services that we would like you to try out' that contains 7 'new' items like 'Map reporter' or 'Booktable'

I guess that's for a different version of OVI maps

(FYI I've got a 5800 & the 'about' in maps state 'v3.04 10wk32 b04')

Motto: Illegitimis non carborundum
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

kermit wrote:

I guess that's for a different version of OVI maps

(FYI I've got a 5800 & the 'about' in maps state 'v3.04 10wk32 b04')

Well spotted the screenshot is from v3.06_10wk48_b01 available from Nokia Beta Labs which uses newer map set 00.02.41.123.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kermit

Ah right.... so I see......

So how stable IS the BETA LABS version ???

Is it worth downloading/installing it - or should we wait until it's officially released (seems like a LOT of problems in betaLabs Discussion) so that they can sort out all the bugs ( & if so any release date known ??)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Can't say that I have used v3.06 sufficiently on long journeys to give it an unequivocal thumbs-up, but do feel that it is more data hungry than predecessor if given the opportunity. Ironically v3.06 has already been released for both N8 and N97 Mini for differing reasons, although of an earlier version than that available at Nokia Beta Labs however.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kermit

Ok thanks for the info... think I'll wait until it released 'properly' for the 5800
Please use plain text.