Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Safety camera limits ignoring the units specified ...

Sage
Jaff0
Accepted Solution

Safety camera limits ignoring the units specified in configuration?

Don't understand what's going on with this issue - I've seen it off and on for quite a while.

My UK N8 has the maps (3.06) configuration to use imperial units, yet this morning, safety camera limits STILL showing as metric.

I'm sure I've seen this problem reported countless times, previously - equally, I'm sure I've encountered it before, personally. I'm also sure I've noticed it fixed - so why does this keep going wrong?

I'm guessing it's issues with the data in the safety camera file that gets downloaded over data - so what keeps going wrong, recently, for this to keep cropping up?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Safety camera limits ignoring the units specified in configuration?

@Jaff0

Isn't it just he speed camera warnings that are in km/h whereas If you accidentally go over the speed limit when there's no camera you still get a warning in mph?

If device used "Online" then it updates to latest 0.0.0.69.europe.cdt but if this deleted and kept "Offline" with older 0.0.0.52.europe.cdt substituted I think that it was solved in this release.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
Jaff0

aspergerguy wrote:

@Jaff0

Isn't it just he speed camera warnings that are in km/h whereas If you accidentally go over the speed limit when there's no camera you still get a warning in mph?

If device used "Online" then it updates to latest 0.0.0.69.europe.cdt but if this deleted and kept "Offline" with older 0.0.0.52.europe.cdt substituted I think that it was solved in this release.

It is just the speed / safety camera warnings (which is why I worded my post and subject in the way it was) - it's that data that comes from the safety camera info file.
My N8 is always in online mode, as is the configuration within maps.
0.0.0.69.europe.cdt is the file currently there - my point in posting, is why this keeps going wrong - I've seen the issue, previously, and also been reported here, and seen responses from Nokia saying they will address it - and I'm sure I've seen it fixed before now - I'm just wondering why it keeps going wrong.
If something happened in the past, whereby the contents of the file were wrong, why hasn't something been put in place so that the same mistake won't occur again - because it seems to be.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Please use plain text.
Sage
Jaff0

mindmagic wrote:

Previously discussed here - and gone very quiet:

/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Nokia-Drive-Speed-Camera-database-is-in-KPH-not-MPH/td-p/1269579

It's uncanny isn't it?

How long does it take to fix, and why would you let it happen again, if somebody got it wrong previously, and they fixed it, to let it happen all over again?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PeterS15

I first noticed this Km/h vs Mph problem with safety cameras on my N97 and I presumed the problem started after doing the last update to UK maps.

I now have an N8 since late February and it has always had this Km/h vs Mph problem on the safety cameras.

I also have my suspicions that it alerts for cameras on the opposite side of the road?! This happened today. I will try to confirm this.

I have tonight looked for the CDT file, I have '1.0.0.69.europe' modified 01/03/12.

Maybe it's the EU preparing for us to drive on the right and change to kilometers?!

:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Sorry for the delay with this issue, the problem is expected to be fixed in the next database update. Unfortunately no exact timetable yet but if you have your phone in online mode, you should receive the update when it's available.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks. Please make an announcement on this thread when the update is available.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Any progress please? This has been a problem for a few months now.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Quiet in here, isn't it?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MontyUK

I give up with Nokia. I used to look forward to updates and check every day. Now it's just a phone I use to make calls and browse the web if there's nothing better around to use.

The maps used to be a shining light, way ahead of everything on the market. Now it seems that no one in Nokia gives a brown coloured log.

This problem was reported in January and it's now May! Totally unacceptable! 

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Sorry for the delay but the updated database should now be available and be pushed to the devices within the next few days.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Safetyspots 1.0.0.74.europe.cdt now available it seems.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've just forced an update and got 1.0.0.80.europe.cdt, which seems to be OK. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

mindmagic wrote:

I've just forced an update and got 1.0.0.80.europe.cdt, 

Seems to be 1.0.0.84.europe.cdt now!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Just forced another update and I'm now on 1.0.0.86.europe.cdt ! Updates are like buses...

Please use plain text.