Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Search by categories

Counsellor
mathe226

Search by categories

How do I search POIs by category in Nokia maps?

I can only see the categories (translated) Popular, Eating and drinking, Entertainment, Sights, Hotels, Shopping, Leisure. But there are apperently a lot of other POIs like petrol stations and pharmacy, because I search for them if I know their name on beforehand.

How do I find them by category?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Search by categories

Petrol Station is under Business & Services Pharmacy though not shown as Catagory the Pharmacies are displayed under Shopping

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathe226

Re: Search by categories

Thank you, even if the answer were disappointing.

I don't find much use of the current Lumia group categories, maybe except for Eating and drinking, because they are so broad that it's very hard to find what you are specifically looking for. If I search for a pharmacy I for sure won't find it using the Shopping group, because there are a drillions of closer shops of every kind filling up the list.

I liked the older Symbian category search much better; it was easy for every specific POI category to get a list over the closest objects, and also choose which categories that should be marked on the map.

Instead I found that I can use the free text search and type in the category there, like "petrol station". But that supposes that I know all existing categories, so I know what to search for. Is there such a list?

In Nokia Drive, this search unfortunately requires an online connection.

Please use plain text.