Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Search by coordinates?

Counsellor
mathe226

Search by coordinates?

How do I search for a place by coordinates in Nokia maps? I have the latest version 2.5.

The customer support says there multiple formats to use like:

• N59.4071 E17.7782
  • 59,4071 17,7782

But neither of this works for me. The first one gives "No result found", the second one gives a hit on the street Carrera 59 in Colombia, on the other side of the earth. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Search by coordinates?

[ Edited ]

mathe226 wrote:

How do I search for a place by coordinates in Nokia maps? I have the latest version 2.5.

The customer support says there multiple formats to use like:

• N59.4071 E17.7782
  • 59,4071 17,7782

But neither of this works for me. The first one gives "No result found", the second one gives a hit on the street Carrera 59 in Colombia, on the other side of the earth. :smileyfrustrated:

Try, 59.(decimal point)4071,(comma) (space)17.(decimal point)7782 without the words in brackets.

Those coordinates will take you to somewhere in Sweden near to a road called Hummelmoravagen.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@mathe226

Try this:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathe226

Thanks for your help. I try also those formats, write it exaktly like that in search in Nokia Maps (not Nokia Drive), the connection is ok, but still it doesn't work. It's very, very strange.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

mathe226 wrote:

Thanks for your help. I try also those formats, write it exaktly like that in search in Nokia Maps (not Nokia Drive), the connection is ok, but still it doesn't work. It's very, very strange.

I think I was able to recreate the problem and arrive at Carrera 59 using those coordinates. I searched for those coordinates whilst the map position was in another country (Sweden). Once I'd returned to my actual position (England) and searched again the correct results were displayed.

All the best.

Ray.

Please use plain text.