Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Selecting "Synchronise with Ovi" crashes Maps ...

Advisor
tonyeliza01

Selecting "Synchronise with Ovi" crashes Maps 3.01 on Nokia 6220c

Maps 3.01 crashes for me whenever I select the "Synchronise with Ovi" option. I recently upgraded the firmware in my Nokia 6220c from 3.23 to 5.15. At first I could not install Maps 3.01 through maps updater on my PC but user OviKovi kindly posted the sis file and maps, in another thread, which I installed manually on my phone. That allowed me to run Maps 3.01. The only issue I have now is that I cannot synchronise with online Ovi Maps because the phone application crashes.

When I had firmware 3.23 installed with Maps 3.01 I could synchronise. Now I can't.

Can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonyeliza01

Re: Selecting "Synchronise with Ovi" crashes Maps 3.01 on Nokia 6220c

Is there anyone else out there with the some problem? Surely I can't be the only one.....

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yeps, I did a reinstall yesterday and the maps version I'm now running on my n96 (v3.01 09wk44 b01) also crashes when selecting 'synchronise with Ovi'... very boring after a hardreset and not able to get my favorites back on the phone now...

Please use plain text.

Similar problem when trying to "Synchronise with Ovi". With Maps 3.01 on an E63, I get the "Connect to Internet" message endlessly repeating, even though I already have a WiFi connection active! I can't see any workaround!

On my 6220c, I can't even get Maps 3.X loaded. Maps loader keeps saying the maps application is built-in and it won't allow two versions of Maps, or even a delete of the 2.0 version with a new install of the 3.X version.

Frankly, I'm planning a move to Android / Google Maps because of all this faffing about.

Mel

Please use plain text.
Contributor
castle_tunes

I have same problem with Ovi Maps 3.01 on N85

I have done manual re-install. I have recently updated to latest firmware

Maps works but I cannot synchronise all the new links I put up for my holidays next month :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
apadeira

same here with my n79.

when i try to sync favorites, ovi maps 3.01 exits, with no message.

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

guys the maps gotten from ovikovi always crashes when synchronizing favorites, so you dont have to worry, many pple have the same problem.
keep your fingers crossed and wait for nokia to fix the maps updater so you get the appropriate version for your phone.

cheers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
castle_tunes

Thanks for comment but just to confirm I downloaded my maps using Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1 (current version) and still have the problem with sync of favorites.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mikelam

hi.. i got the 6220c and updated the firmware to 5.15 and just cannot install ovi maps.. i see that you mention that ovikovi provided a link that works... do you mind direct me to that link? It would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

mikelam, this is the link for the ovi maps:

/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/E75-Maps-Updater-Error-Cannot-get-enough-information-about/m-p/673980/hi...

if you dont have ovimaps 2.0 installed, then you'll need to find it on the net and install.

cheers
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonyeliza01

Downloading the maps file below solved the syncing problem. Thanks to zubayer_2130 for coming up with the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/400267135/nokia_maps_3.01_09wk44_b01_s60_3.2_lm_rom.SIS.html

Please use plain text.
Contributor
castle_tunes

Hi, this download (nokia_maps_3.01_09wk44_b01_s60_3.2_lm_rom.SIS.html) also worked for me :smileyhappy:

This is surprising as I had already installed a SIS file with exactly the same version number. Before I installed the file I cleared all cache/cookies etc from my nokia browser. Not sure if this had any impact. Just happy that working

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dnah

Please use plain text.