Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Transfer GPS places after phone upgrade

Transfer GPS places after phone upgrade

I recently had my phone changed from a 6720 to a C5-00 (company phone, and the company decided to change telco and the old phones were "locked").

I have managed to move my microSD card across which has kept all my pictures, maps and other files. It did not move across the saved GPS places (favourites).

I have been struggling to figure out how to do this (I have even tried finding likely files in the phone's memory using a USB link to the computer) and have had no success. Nokia Suite doesn't seem to acknowledge the existence of the GPS "places" (Nokia Suite 3.3.86)

How do I move these waypoints across from one phone to the other?

Please note that I have no data available on my plans, and the phones don't have 802.11, so I am trying to find a way to transfer using either bluetooth or USB cables.

I have three or four absolutely critical places saved, so even if there is a way to manually enter the co-ordinates into the new phone it would help to some degree.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@poiu

On your 6720 whilst in Ovi Maps application open Favourites and at top of screen you should have "Synchronise with Ovi". If you new device has the same Nokia account just synchronise upon the new device.

If you go to Menu > Applications > Landmarks > Options > New landmark > Enter manually - if you scroll down you also can input Latitude & Longitude of desired critical places.

If you go to Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings > General > scroll down to Positioning > Notation preferences you can choose desired "Co-ordinate" format.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Every time I try to synchronise with Ovi it asks me if I want to "Go online to synchronise" and then comes up with "Connection failed" even when I have a cable or bluetooth connection to my laptop. How can I get this to work?

The other method does work (although is quite labour intensive). I have now managed to move across the critical places. Thank you for that.

I haven't the time to manually move everything across, so if you could tell me how to get the "synchronise with ovi" to work, then I would really appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

poiu wrote:

Every time I try to synchronise with Ovi it asks me if I want to "Go online to synchronise" and then comes up with "Connection failed"

As neither your 6720 Classic or C5-00 don't have WLAN you would need a network data connection upon device unfortunately, which maybe the issue here.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.