Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to install any Nokia/Ovi Maps after har...

Advisor
wgarczynski

Unable to install any Nokia/Ovi Maps after hard reset.

Hi, I made a hard reset to N8 running Symbian Anna 25.07 and I'm unable to install Nokia Maps. Software Updater doesn't show any Maps related updates, I cant find any installer in Nokia Store, installation of Ovi Maps 3.06 and Nokia Maps 3.08 found on the Internet fails as well.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Unable to install any Nokia/Ovi Maps after hard reset.

@wgarczynski

Puzzled here as it was only when N8 released on PR1.0 a year ago that there was NOT a version of Ovi Maps pre-installed in device firmware but v3.04 subsequently added so would be removed by a "hard reset"; if I remember correctly v3.06 is included within Symbian Anna, which should be this version:http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/ovi_maps_installer_3.06_11wk23_b05_tb9.2_...

Have you tried re-installing existing firmware using standalone Nokia Software Updater? http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...erSetup_EN.exe

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wgarczynski

I've tried reinstalling firmware using nokia pc suite. Didn't helped. I cannot install 3.06 with link you have attached, installator says: Cannot update (I've translated it from my home language). Before the hard reset I've used Nokia Maps from Betalabs.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@wgarczynski

It maybe that entire firmware needs to re-flashed at a Nokia Care Point which can include all media content deleted from both C:\ & E:\ by carrying out hard reset.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wgarczynski

I'll visit Nokia Care Point on monday...
Please use plain text.