Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Updating EWE firmware, how to backup my map fa...

Updating E71 firmware, how to backup my map favorite / bookmark

Hai guys,

think Im gonna update my E71 firmware to its latest.

1. Is PC Suite backup also backup my Nokia Maps favorite?

If not, how I backup my maps favorite?

2. Lately, my Nokia Maps just load green screen.

When I first try it last year, it works fine.

Please help me, I really need Nokia Map working when I go out of town.

3. Is updating to Nokia Maps 3 my favorites will still exist ?

Thanks guys.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Updating E71 firmware, how to backup my map favorite / bookmark

Hi inciteout

Bear in mind that if you update firmware to 200.21.118 version of Nokia Maps installed is v2.0_3904 whereas the latest version to be found here is v2.0_4503:http://europe.nokia.com/A4984199

Although you will have the convenience of storing your favourites using OVI with Nokia Maps 3.0 bear in mind that in Beta form presently available it is rather resource hungry.

I have not elaborated on backing up Nokia Maps favourites as being a Mac user I do not use PC Suite and my N82 has UDP = User Data Preservation which combined with backing up phone settings to memory card has always been sufficient.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manishk3008

Re: Updating EWE firmware, how to backup my map favorite / bookmark

No need to worry, PC suite backups all of your map favorites and tagged places
If my post helped you to solve your problem then plz hit kudos star!!!!!!:smileywink:
Please use plain text.

Ok, I try Update my firmware now.

Hope it work :smileywink:

Thanks guys.

Please use plain text.

How I solve blank / green map problem? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manishk3008

[ Edited ]

Try this

run map application then   option>map mode  and here take a look, which mode is enabled

toggle b/w map view and satellite view.

green screen may be due to satellite option may be checked and their is no data connection available

Message Edited by manishk3008 on 01-May-2009 07:21 PM
If my post helped you to solve your problem then plz hit kudos star!!!!!!:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

inciteout wrote:
How I solve blank / green map problem? :smileyhappy:
Usually due to map data in the wrong place, delete F:\Cities re-start Nokia Maps to define folder structure required by Nokia Maps on memory card and re-download your regional maps again.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
msanjay75

thanks that worked a charm (deleting c: cities and restarting maps!)

Please use plain text.
msanjay75

backing up and restoring applns from pc suite messed up my phone a bit. So I had to reinstall firmware, and then manually restore apps and settings.

So for the maps, I had selected all landmarks and sent to my pc over bluetooth, it sent everything in one LMX file. Later on when my phone was as good as new, I could send the file back to my phone and it came in my inbox. I selected it, and it asked me which landmarks I wanted to import, I could do a Select All - and there they were. Awesome!! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

Updated to Nokia Maps 3, runs like a charm :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yeah, smart of you to manually export landmarks. Stupid Content Copier does not/cannot copy landmarks by itself and when you upgrade the firmware on t.ex. an E-device the landmarks are lost and cannot be retrieved...
Please use plain text.
1koolcat

[ Edited ]

I have an E71 running OVI SUITE 3.0.0.290 on my computer. When I chose to update the firmware on my phone recently the utility offered to backup my phone contents before the update. I watched it back up a number of items (including hours of music stored on a microSD card) and didn't think to make sure my map locations "favorites" were backed up as well.

Thank you, msanjay75 for your suggestion - as I add my favorites back in, I will definitely back them up with your technique.

Thanks.

chrome E71 with 16gb microSD card.
Please use plain text.