Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Using Nokia Maps 3.04 offline in X6 16GB. Help...

Contributor
ramki_067

Using Nokia Maps 3.04 offline in X6 16GB. Help required.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm using Nokia X6 16GB and have the latest firmare v 40.0.002 which comes preloaded with Nokia Maps version 3.04, I've now downloaded the map data of India through a website as below,

http://www.rajib.com/download-nokia-map-data-for-india/

And i did replace all files in diskcache present in E:\cities\diskcache with the zip file from the website mentioned.

I want to view the maps OFFLINE and thereby when i click on Maps application and click Drive and click map, i do not get any map to view. What is the problem?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramki

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Using Nokia Maps 3.04 offline in X6 16GB. Help required.

Download and install the latest version of Nokia Suite on your PC. Connect the phone to PC thru' USB and open Nokia Suite-->Tools-->Software Updates..See if it shows any availabilty.. If so update your device. (Most probably the phone is not upto date) .. Check if you get the new Maps v3.06

Now go to Nokia Suite-->Maps and select India (or sub-regions) you want and install on the device.

Now see if you get the maps working.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

@ramki_067

This site is delivering map data from 00.02.46.103 which is ONLY for devices running Nokia Maps v3.06 & later, whilst for Ovi Maps v3.04 you require 00.0129.100 with links in this post for maps and ClientIndex Asia:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/HERE-Location-based-services/Map-Series-00-01-29-100/m-p/1640406/hig...

If you desire to update to Nokia Maps v3.06 and use 00.00.46.103 then you might want:http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/ovi_maps_installer_3.06_11wk23_b05_s60_5....

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramki_067

Thanks very much scoobyman and farby for the reply.
Ok so i need to install maps data version 00.0129.100 for it to work with 3.04 map version, right?
Also, could you please inform me on how and where to load these zip files on the phone, for me to see the map data OFFLINE?

Thanks,
Ramki
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check the First post here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramki_067

Thanks farby.
I did what is suggested in the post you have mentioned and the maps was loading.
Now, when i click on drive and when i select search and enter the desired name(which is traceable) and select it.
Now i click menu and again click drive and select "set destination" and enter another name which is traceable and select it.

Now, My phone screen shows "Waiting for GPS" and doesn't go any further. What else i need to do to show the route OFFLINE?

Thanks,
Ramki
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you are solely relying on Integrated GPS, you need to be in an area open to sky (not at home, inside a building). It may take upto 30 minutes to get the GPS Lock (your location).Depending upon whether the area is having tall buildings / trees or the whether is cloudy / rainy, the wait may be much longer. You may use the A-GPS positioning method to get a much quicker Fix. This will make use of the Network and may cost you depending upon your data plan, though the amount of data it uses is just for the initial fix and may be some 15-20 KBs every time you start the application. 

Also note that the Fix will be quicker if you launch maps at the same location where it was last used..

Please use plain text.