Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Walk Guidance

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05
Accepted Solution

Walk Guidance

It seems I have "no data" under the walk guidance in my Ovi Maps 3.03, anybody knows what this is for anyway? Or is it just the voice guidance pack? If that's so I do have the english language voice pack and it doesnt show under voice guidance.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Hi, when I first installed , went into settings on home page of maps(spanner bottom left corner) opened Navigation and selected Drive and Walk navigation, the app downloaded my choices from a list '

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Home page? You mean the website? I downloaded it through Ovi Suite, and I cant see the walk guidance, and I dont seem to notice your "spanner" here: http://maps.nokia.com/explore-services/ovi-maps. How bout a link?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
imlite

After you install the maps 3.03 sis file, power maps 3.03 up. You will see the start screen which is also the menu screen. Go to setting on the menu screen - the spanner > navigation > walk guidance. You will have to download additional voice files for walk (about 2.5 Mb). These are downloaded automaticaly to your handset through either wifi or over 3g. Sometimes, this does take a few trys and may require other settings to be changed - navigation from its default drive to walk.

Maps 3.03 uses both the maps data and voice files for maps 3.01, but the maps 3.01 voice files are for drive only. I might add that there are at the moment only a limited number of voice files for walk.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

That's the problem. I cant find where to download the walk guidance files (I can find the drive nav files easily enough). I would presume that though limited there is already an English version, so I would use that. Unless you are saying that in online mode these are automatically downloaded?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

[ Edited ]

Hi, hope these may help

settings after voice selection

settings options

Maps menu screen

Message Edited by carman58 on 26-Jan-2010 01:51 AM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Yup I know that. But when I go into walk guidance, there is "no data", as I already said on my first post. What I meant was where do I get the data for that.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

It should ask you to set voice guidance in both top sections (drive and walk) the phone will download the voice you choose. If you don;t want to download on phone, you can use Nokia Map Loader to download voices onto computer and it will install to phone,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

I got it. When you mentioned 3G, I checked under internet and saw that it was set to offline. LOL. When I set it to online, I got the download packs. ^_^
Please use plain text.

I have no walk guidance data even set to online,did a hard reset after the 2.1 firmware and ever since no walk guidance data.drive data ok,tried reseting again and doing a software update and ota update nothing just no walk data.

Please use plain text.
ST1300

Had the same problem. What I did was to go to 'share location' from map menu. Go On line to use service. Log into Nokia account then log into Face book then close it. Go back and see if you now have data in Walk guidance. I did and with street names. Also I can now have street names in drive guidance as well. I think it is the logging in to Nokia account that triggers it all. Good luck

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheDrifter

Maybe this is inthe wrong forum but this site is not realkly user friendly so couldn't start a new topic.

Anyway, I've updated three times now to the latest Maps app but for some reason 'walk' does not work. Whjen I choose that option it either switches my phone off or it just throws me back to my home screen. Basically walk will not open.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Do i need to download something else or just maps?

I have a Nokia X6 16gb

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

As you have checked already latest version of OVI Maps available here:

http://maps.nokia.com/services-and-apps/ovi-maps/downloads#/nokia-x6-16gb/ Whilst in OVI Maps application I would suggest that you go to "Spanner icon" > Navigation > Walk guidance and if currently "None" selected choose a language to suit (it may need to go-online to download what currently available). Nothing else is required although if you were having any driving issues, I might have suggested delete E:\CITIES + .qf file from mass memory, re-run OVI Maps to re-initialise and re-define folder structure required by OVI Suite > Maps to download regional mapping. For future reference just use "Start New Topic" blue button in Maps, Navigation & Maps.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.