Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Web maps and zooming when using mouse scroll

Running

Web maps and zooming when using mouse scroll

Hi,

My question is about Nokia Maps for Web sites. If this isn't the appropriate forum please let me know where to post.

I have the map at the middle of the lower 1/3 portion of the page. If the user starts scrolling the page with the mouse wheel and the mouse pointer ends up over the map, the scrolling automatically starts zooming out the map. This is a problem because the user expects to scroll the page, not the map. And what ends up happening is that the map is zoomed out all the way and the user cannot reach the end of the page unless he/she moves the mouse pointer outside the map.

I would like to have the mouse scroll zoom the map only if the user first clicked on the map. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Web maps and zooming when using mouse scroll

There doesn't seem to be any way.. but use the Mouse wheel for Zoom (In/Out) and the Buttons (refer the Attachment) to Scroll ...

Please use plain text.
Running

Re: Web maps and zooming when using mouse scroll

Thanks for your reply farby. I might have not clearly described the issue I was facing. However I found the solution is to remove the zoom.MouseWheel component as such:

map.removeComponent(map.getComponentById("zoom.MouseWheel"));
Please use plain text.