Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: What is the latest Ovi maps version for E72?

Counsellor
rileyjsg
Accepted Solution

What is the latest Ovi maps version for E72?

According to maps application I have:

c3.04 10wk17 bo7 MW OpenGl LM MN

Map Version 0.1.25.114

is that the newest for this phone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
qwerts

May depend on your location.

3.04 10wk32 b04

Update the software *#0000#

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rileyjsg

i updated the firmware and got that thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Swaroopt

Am not able to get this version on my E72, can u help me, my location in UAE. Ovi Suite showing no updates. also whenever am searching, i'm geting the result only in Arabic, not in english.

Pls helpme

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Swaroopt

What firmware is your E72 running key in *#0000# as v071.004 has OVI Maps v3.04_10wk32_b04 pre-installed?

This link http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download#/nokia-e72/ only provides Maps_installer_3.04_10wk17_b07

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
E72Ark

i hope this is not off topic, but i have a similar problem with map versions, but slightly different circumstances.

i have firmware 051.018, with ovi maps v3.04 10wk32 b03 and map version 0.1.24.114

i want to upgrade the firmware to the newer v071.004 with ovi map v3.04_10wk32_b04 (or so you say). 

my question is this. does firmware v071.004 come with ovi map v3.04_10wk32_b0, and does it require maps version 0.1.25?

if so it'll really suck to upgrade the firmware for me and i probably won't do it because i downloaded offline maps for the whole world (like 8 gigs) from a mirror site and have been happily prancing about the globe on my e72 for sometime now. my e72 has almost become more of a gps map device than a phone. honestly i would rather buy another nokia with updated maps than give up my precious world map on the old firmware.

should i upgrade or not?

so, coincidentally, i am also very interested in finding out the newest version of ovi maps to be included in the 070 firmware.

thank you and i hope this wasn't too much of a curveball.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
E72Ark

answered my own question. checked out the old thread for downloading offline maps at /t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/newest-Nokia-Ovi-Maps-0-1-25-114-manual-download/td-p/778870/page/14

guess as long as offline world maps version 0.1.26.113 can be tracked down, then i'll just re-up everything.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

E72Ark wrote:

guess as long as offline world maps version 0.1.26.113 can be tracked down, then i'll just re-up everything.

Here is Europe with suffix .592 so you just need to alter for 591, 593, 594 & 595 for the remainder!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Swaroopt

Hi Asperger,

I still have the same issue, the map offline search result always shows in Arabic..no way to get it in English...Below are the details,

MAp:

v3.04 10wk17 b07

Map Version 0.1.27.107

*#0000#

Phone S/w: 071.004

Custom Ver : 071.004.244.02

Language Set : 45.01

Model : E72-2

Type : RM-529

Am residing in UAE and loaded with UAE map. Pls help me to corect the offline searches to result in English.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Swaroopt

Whilst I appreciate that Ovi Maps application is set "Offline", what happens if E72 is in "Offline" profile so that localisation not affected by your network SIM?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Swaroopt

Hi Asperger,

Even if i put my phone E72 to "offline" mode, it shows the offline search result in Arabic Only. My Ovi map application mode also "Offline"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Swaroopt

Is there any direct link, i can try install the map manually..i always updates it via Ovi Suite only. I neva tried installing manually.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Swaroopt wrote:

Is there any direct link?

United Arab Emirates

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Swaroopt

Hi,

Also pls advise me, is there any special procedure to install this direct downlaoded files or how to install this direct downloaded files..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Swaroopt

If you decompress downloaded .zip there are (16) folders 0 - 9 and a - f which contain relevant data to go to appropriate ones E:\cities\diskcache

Provided using PC not Mac there are no issues with doing this, just accept any prompts to replace or overwrite.

Assuming existing installation present so you won't need to download appropriate Clientindex file as well and more details to be found here: ovikovi

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Swaroopt

Hi,

I did the same as advised...but no help..still the offline search result in Arabic. I donno, why its happening...

Really helpless..tried so many ways.. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
E72Ark

what is the latest maps version and map data as of firmware version 081.003? could someone post the continent map group links for direct download?

started a new thread, but will delete it if this one can continue successfully.
/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/E72-Offline-Map-Data-3-06-02-43-117/td-p/1253545
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@e72Ark

Here are direct download links for 0.1.28.106 for use with existing Ovi Maps v3.04

America

Europe

Africa

Asia

AustraliaOceania

Please use plain text.
Advisor
E72Ark

ok, will finally update my firmware. will let you know what happens when i copy the new compiled directory into my cities directory. i have already backed up the old directory just in case.

btw, should i keep the old client index? gosh, i mean, where is the client index for this version? please advise.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
E72Ark

OK, well update is done. I am at 081.003. And I am very satisfied because it did not update ovi maps. i have 3.04 10wk32 b03, not b04. i am happy with the current maps version. but will update anyway when i have a minute. will 1.28.106 work with ovi maps ...b03?
Please use plain text.