Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Why Voice doesn't transmit on FM by FM Transmi...

Advisor
popholy

Why Voice doesn't transmit on FM by FM Transmitter?

[ Edited ]

Hi there :smileyhappy:

Why the guider voice in ovi map doesn't transmit by FM Transmitter? that's ridiculous:smileysurprised:
We need the voice transmission ...:smileysad:
I have Nokia N8 and I updated to Anna and then Belle and my problem didn't solve yet  :smileyfrustrated:

Why Nokia doesn't solve this bug? :smileymad:

Thanks advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Why Voice doesn't transmit on FM by FM Transmitter?

@popholy

Think this feature dropped off the roadmap several years ago, as apparently a technical trade-off in the Bluetooth implementation prioritizing optimal use of Bluetooth headsets rather than enabling voice instructions transmission.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
popholy

Thanks
But I think this feature is necessary
when you drive , you need to hear the voice loud and clear... 
I don't understand why nokia doesn't enable this feature (although optional) 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
popholy

UP.......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Paulvj

Hi,

Just got the Nokia 808 Pureview, for the camera also yes, which is amazing btw. I also got the phone though

for the fm transmit, to transmit voice to my radio...which I now see is not done anymore. The N97 still could do this though, and this was an absolute pleasure.

Please Nokia cant you patch the existing fm transmitting to fix this as it was before on the N97?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi there Paulvj,

Do you have the Play via Radio option in the Music Player at all? If so, then you may transmit your music to your FM radio. However, if you have sourced a handset that was made for a country where FM transmission is prohibited by law, then this may be the case. An example is Hong Kong.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.