Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

can i use the GPS without internet connection ?

can i use the GPS without internet connection ?

hey if im driving and i dont have inenet, can i sill use the gps ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: can i use the GPS without internet connection ?

yes you can , the lock in times might be significantly longer but you can totally use it as stand alone, wait what phone do you have ? on n series, the newer ones it is possible on navigators it is possible but not all phones have that ability hence i ask what phone do you have ? 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
9nine

can i use a nokia lumia 800 gps navigator without internet connection

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

9nine wrote:

can i use a nokia lumia 800 gps navigator without internet connection

You can use Nokia Drive 2.0 Offline but not Nokia Maps upon your Lumia 800.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

IMPO, no Internet connection is definitely fine for Nokia Maps as the software uses offline map data to guide your drive.

BUT, the phone must be under your mobile provider's coverage as it needs A-GPS to help lock the position. Othewise, it would take ages to lock or might be not working at all.
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.