Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: config.cfg file couldn't been found. operation...

Valtteri

config.cfg file couldn't been found. operation forbidden

Hello!

When I start Nokia Map Loader application for dowloading maps on Nokia 5230 I get an error message saying :

The following errors occured while transferring files. If the error is not permanent, you can try starting the file transfers again.

I can't download maps on the phone because the region list is empty (it is not supposed to be).

This happens every time I try to use the Map Loader.There are screenshots of the same problem on another forum: http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-map-loader-for-mac/bugreport/configcfg-operation-forbidden

Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
EricMichael

Re: config.cfg file couldn't been found. operation forbidden

Exactly the same issue arises on an N97 mini. No help out there?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi EricMichael

Have you tried leaving OVI Maps application running on N97 mini whilst connecting to Maploader for Mac?

What version of OSX are you using?

Are all other aspects of Nokia Multimedia Transfer working?

Have you tried connection in both USB & Bluetooth?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
EricMichael

Have tried to leave OVI Maps running, to no avail. I am on OS 10.5.8, and Multimedia seems to work fine. I have tried both Bluetooth and USB. Thanks for the suggestions. I am running out of ideas (and patience with Nokia Mac support). Is there any relevance/purpose to having the config.cfg file there? I am tempted to delete and see if that has any purpose. I know that this is used in some gaming but what is its purpose on the N97?

Please use plain text.
EricMichael

Today, quite mysteriously, the Map Loader Software began to work on my N97 mini with no further action on my part, except for just trying it again:smileyhappy:. Hurrah! The elves at Nokia must have been busy. Now if only we could resolve recognizing the phone's existence in iSync when connected via USB, instead of via Bluetooth (where it works fine).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paulsukhu

I have the exact same error.

• Mac OS X 10.6.6
  • Nokia N8
  • Nokia Map Loader 1.1 (827)

What do I do now?  This needs to work smoothly if Nokia wants Mac users win Mac users from the iPhone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi paulsukhu

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately Nokia Maploader for Mac has been "broken" for quite a while now. Are you trying to add a further region to your N8?

Currently there is no "One click" solution available but you will find posts under my signature for Mac users in this predicament.

Whether you need to add extra maps 00.01.25.114 under existing OVI Maps v3.04

Mac Alternative to Nokia Maploader

or you have decided to try OVI Maps v3.06 pre-release with maps 00.02.41.123

Mac Manual Download 00.02.41.123

it is feasible to merge map selections and add ClientIndex for different regions using your Mac without the benefit of Nokia software.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Tlacuas

IT WORKS!!  Just Close the Maps Application on the N8 and then open Nokia Map Loader on the MAC!. I think its a permissions problem :smileywink:

Please use plain text.