Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

manulay downloading nokia maps?

Accepted Solution

manulay downloading nokia maps?

can I transfare map files to my phone manulay? without using nokia suite or any other software?

that's my question but read on if you want a bit more details, thank.

hello, I am using a nokia 5230 with the latest firmware and nokia maps 3.06 my problem is that when I updated to the last version of maps i was promoted that the old "street maps" will be deleted and i accepted thinking that it would be easy to preload them again. 

so now when i try to preload them through nokia suite it just gives me the message that it's looking for the maps on the server, and that goes for endless minutes without anything changing , once it did go though this stage to another one and it was "checking my phone for old maps" and again it just stayed like that, my question is, is there anyway i could download the maps manualy and then just transfare the files to my Sd card?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: manulay downloading nokia maps?

@sand50

Just let me know for which country/region/state you require direct download link for 0.2.45.110 map series as the compressed .zip can be downloaded directly from map servers.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.

@aspergerguy

thanks for the quick response!

I would like the maps for Asia or just the middle east specifically, many thanks!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

sand50 wrote:

I would like the maps for Asia or just the middle east specifically, many thanks!

Here is Asia entire continent, KuwaitQatarSaudi Arabia & United Arab Emirates

Please use plain text.

plenty of thanks to you aspergerguy!

I was looking for Bahrain's maps so I googled the first half of the links you put and found all the specific countries to choose from.
(I am just putting this up here for people who see this post in the future and are looking for a different place)

thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

sand50 wrote:

I was looking for Bahrain's maps

Sorry for not including Bahrain & Oman

Please use plain text.
akhilll09

can i have a direct link for India's map for Nokia 5530xpress music as well as for Nokia C5-03
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

India's Map is: http://static.maploader.maps.svc.ovi.com/map5/maploaderzip-00.02.45.110/99415.zip
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

akhilll09 wrote:
can i have a direct link for India's map for Nokia 5530xpress music as well as for Nokia C5-03

In case you only want specific region here are direct download links for C5-03:-

Andhra Pradesh

Bihar and Jharkhand

Gujarat

Haryana

Himachal Pradesh

Jammu and Kashmir

Karnataka

Kerala

Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh

Maharashtra and Goa

Northeast

Orissa

Punjab

Rajasthan

Tamil Nadu

Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand

West Bengal and Sikkim

Delhi

Unfortunately your 5530XM being S40 device uses much simpler map data for which I don't have direct download links!

Please use plain text.
akhilll09

Thank you Aspergerguy! Could you also tell me how to save them to my phone from the PC?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

akhilll09 wrote:
Thank you Aspergerguy! Could you also tell me how to save them to my phone from the PC?

When you decompress the .zip file there are (16) folders 0 - 9 and a - f which go to either E:\cities\diskcache or F:\cities\diskcache as appropriate, accepting any prompts to replace or overwrite existing ones under Windows. On a brand new installation you would also need ClientIndexAsia in either E:\cities\diskcache\ClientIndex or F:\cities\diskcache\ClientIndex

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chiragkapuriya

can i have links for india's all region's map for my nokia 701(symbian belle fp1)
:thumbsup:Hitting the KUDOS star makes me feel good :thumbsup:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

chiragkapuriya wrote:
can i have links for india's all region's map for my nokia 701(symbian belle fp1)

Sorry if not apparent but the links given (2) posts above for C5-03 are from the same latest 0.2.45.110 map series as also used by your 701!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chiragkapuriya

i have downloaded maps from that links but how to install ??:confused:i have extracted all folders from zip n puted it on my mobile in disccache folder but it didnt work)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Unfortunately do not have Belle FP1 device to hand but very surprised if process that works for S60 3rd, S60 5th, S^3 and MeeGo N9 no longer applies!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chiragkapuriya

i have downloaded maps once(~500mb) n then used it,it worked like a charm,then i backuped the "cities" folder,whenever i reset my device i just conect my 701 in mass storage n again restore "cities" folder n voila :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mitos00

Can anybody explain me what is the difference in downloading the maps from the servers in zip files or installing them with nokia suite?

Here are the reasons :

First I have downloaded Europe complete maps v00.02.46.103 with nokia suite and the second time I have dawnloaded them from server.

The size on the phone of the maps installed with nokia suite was 4,81GB on other hand with manual download the size was 3,84GB (unpacked of course).

I have made some investigation in the files included in both versions and I have figured out that the the one installed with nokia suite have extra .cdt files.

For example in the cities\diskcache\1\1 folder there are this files:

- With nokia suite the file: 5ab11.cdt, 5ad11.cdt, 5af11.cdt, 5b111.cdt, 5b311.cdt, 5b511.cdt, 57d11.cdt, 58d11.cdt, 58f11.cdt, 59b11.cdt, 59f11.cdt, 111.cdt, 57711.cdt, 58511.cdt, 58711.cdt

- In the manualy downloaded: 111.cdt, 56511.cdt

In the other foldes the story is the same.

So, does anybody know what are those 1gb of extra files?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@mitos00

If you look at download via Nokia Suite you will find that there is a base map for each continent downloaded even if the smallest country from each is chosen, although would not expect it to be that much in total!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mitos00

Can these base maps be downloaded manually?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

mitos00 wrote:

Can these base maps be downloaded manually?

They only appeared relatively recently in Nokia Maps "terms" and I have never sourced their links, however it might have something to do with Nokia Maps not recognising any map data manually installed in Index upon device rather than via Maploader or Nokia Suite

Please use plain text.