Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: my location gps fix?

Advisor
beachboyken

my location gps fix?

hi

just got a nokia c7 , im having troublr getting a gps fix when going on my location.

a few times its work but im really confused on what i do when it comes up asking for me to define a network connection?

do i click yes or no ,if i click yes it has the option of using web'n'walk but do i need to use my t-mobile internet.

i thought it uses gps???

can anyone help me on this

thankyou

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Firstly I need to know whether you are on a generous data plan and don't mind associated cost of downloading a few kb's of data frequently or want to stop it although this can have a detrimental effect on how long it takes to lock on to position.

If you go to Menu > Settings > Application settings > Positioning > Positioning methods - if you want no data or no cost if applicable only ENABLE "Integrated GPS" as positional method.

It is the "Assisted GPS" feature that requires a network access point found in 'Positioning server use" which maybe Automatic, Auto. in home network, Always ask or Disabled. It would normally pick whichever network access point has highest priority in Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Settings > Destinations > Internet.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
beachboyken

hi there

well im on a t-mobile unlimited internet booster which i think is 1 gig a month.

every time i go into the maps it keeps poping up with network connection required. define access point to connect.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
beachboyken

[ Edited ]

i may just leave it on because i dont get charged if i go over my limit , they just restrict it if i do.

just dont know what to do everytime it comes up saying connection required define acces point the only option is web'n'walk do i need to click yes or no?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Click "YES" and it will probably set "Positioning server use" to "Automatic" by default which you can always amend.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
beachboyken

ive just lost all my maps after attempting a map update it came up with error and know there is no option to update any maps?????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

Don't panic, I'm guessing that your OVI Maps application has been updated to v3.06 which utilises a different map set 00.02.41.123 and during course of update old map version 00.01.25.114 is deleted.

Try opening OVI Maps application and with it set "Online" try downloading a bit of map data by zooming into your position, close and retry OVI Suite > Maps.

You may need perhaps to delete E:\CITIES + .qf file from mass memory, re-start OVI Maps application to re-initialise and download a bit of data first before trying again with OVI Suite.

You could also try OVI Maps v3.06 from Nokia Beta Labs (sign in with Nokia ID & password) as this version has "Update" feature allowing you to update maps without utilising OVI Suite.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
beachboyken

thanks i downloaded them on ovi suite suite again ,all ok now.

just really baffled on why every time i go into maps it asks for a network connection , im not sure if i need say yes or no if i say yes i get the choice of web'n'walk.
Please use plain text.