Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n73m and Map Loader

Registered Member

n73m and Map Loader

I am trying to load Maps onto my N73 using map loader program. The only major problem i am having is when it goes to verify my storage medium after downloading. the map loader program then tells me that the connection was interrupted and i should reconnect my card or phone again ?? It's very frustrating, i've uninstalled Nokia Maps and Map Installer hoping to fix problem.'

Any questions please post them, BUT some help would be great.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Have you run Maps on the phone at least once before trying to use Map Loader?

Have you connected the N73 in USB mass storage (data transfer) mode to your PC using the supplied USB cable (do not use "PC Suite" mode or any other mode to connect)?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yes i've done all that. That is the most frustrating part. I've even un and re installed Nokia Maps on both phone and card memory. Even formatted my card and started again.
Please use plain text.

If you are using a ATI grafics card, try to uninstall the ATI Control Center. But don't uninstall the ATI Display Driver.
The ATI Control Center, interferes with the Map Loader v1.2.1, which produces the missleading error message "Connection to the storage medium has been interrupted..".
It seems to be a long shot, but it works.
Please use plain text.

Wow - uninstalling the catalyst control centre does actually appear to solve the problem!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

see my post next to yours .. once you've uploaded them .. how do you access them on your phone ? theres no open map option ..... ive been unable to access the thailand maps i loaded .. any ideas ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks for the great advice. I did uninstall my ATI Catalyst Control centre and this proved the difference.

thanks

FOr all maps. goto www.maps.nokia.com. Programs are there.
Please use plain text.

Could someone tell me how to exactly uninstall this catalyst control centre? i see it but i cant find a way to uninstall it..

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor

whr to find the control centre?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

if im unable to find the control centre in my add or remove programs, does tt means it is nt install? if it is, den y do i still get the problems frm it... anyone can help mi? thx..

pics to show the prob..
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/edge_2723/asd-4.jpg
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Have a look in your Windows task manager. (ctrl alt delete) and see if you have a file running called CCC.exe. that is the Catalyst Control Centre. Try stopping that program and see if that helps. But you should have ATI Catalyst Control Centre in your add/remove menu, under your control panel.

See how you go ??
Please use plain text.