Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n97 mini ovi maps wont connect to the internet...

katiies
Accepted Solution

n97 mini ovi maps wont connect to the internet.

I just bought a new n97 mini through vodafone in aus. I got it unlocked so i could put my optus sim in.

I downloaded the ovi maps application and went to use it. The ovi maps app works with my wlan internet at home but when I try to use my 3G optus network internet it says "connection unavailable- please try again"?

I can access my 3G optus network for all other internet purposes on my phone except ovi maps. What is wrong with it?

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: n97 mini ovi maps wont connect to the internet.

Hi katiies

As this sounds like a disparity in settings, whilst in Maps application click on "spanner" icon bottom left > Internet  > Network destination and which option is selected?

In phone Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Destinations - check priorities of access points under "Internet" which is the usual default setting for OVI Maps.

In "Location" application > Positioning > Positioning server" which access point is defined as this has to be a network connection not WLAN?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
katiies

Hi Scoobyman,

Thanks for the reply :smileyhappy:

-The network destination is WAP services

-Under internet access priorities it has "VF AU internet" as the priority (this might be the problem because i have an optus sim in but i dont know how to change the acces point priorities)

- The positioning access point is "OptusZoo WAP" and the server addres is "supl.nokia.com".

Any help with this problem will be great!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Yes that does sound like the problem.

To change the priorities in destinations you need to goto Settings>Connectivity>Destinations>Wap Services. Make sure Optuszoo Wap is listed here as either top or second priority after your wifi. To move the priorities round, just place cursor over the access point you want to move then click Options>Organise>Change Priority. Here you will also see Move or Copy to dest. This allows you to copy or move the access points between the different categories.

Please use plain text.
katiies

Thanks heaps that worked :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
katiies

Thanks for the help, you made me realise my problem :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.