Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual do...

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual download

@izamd

Unfortunately can't provide either as Japan classed as non-navigable country and whilst South Korea was avaialble for early versions of Nokia Maps using TeleAtlas mapping data there is none for current Navteq.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
izamd

Thanks for explanation .So for South Korea map for N9 is it compatible to install using TeleAtlas mapping data?Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

izamd wrote:

So for South Korea map for N9 is it compatible to install using TeleAtlas mapping data?

Unfortunately not as N9 has to utilise Navteq map sets currently 00.02.46.103 as other current Symbian devices do.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AmosRPF

I read almost all posts and could not find Finland, do you have it?
Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

AmosRPF wrote:
I read almost all posts and could not find Finland, do you have it?

I am assuming that you require Finland for latest 00.02.46.103 for use with Nokia/Ovi Maps v3.06 & later here.

Please use plain text.
E1sa

Hey aspergerguy

1. What is the latest version of Nokia maps for the e5-00? I have v3.04_10wk32b04 (also where can I check for the latest?)

2. In nokia suite 3.5.14b I downloaded voice guidance (US) with streetnames, but it is not visible on the phone. I had to download voiceguidance (US) from the device, but streetnames are not available from the phone? When I check now on nokia suite it says BOTH are loaded? What should I do to get voice guidance WITH streetnames?

3. You are amazing, keep it up!

:Cool:
Please use plain text.
E1sa

(update) I deleted, qf file and cities, copied back everything except the voices folder and voila! Now I can download streetname guidance (US) from the device!

I still wanna know where to get it and how to manually upgrade the maps sis/sisx file... ???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@E1sa

You have the latest version of v3.04 installed and there is no direct link for this version as incorporated in device firmware.

Nearest available one is slightly older:http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/software/maps_installer_3.04_10wk32_b03_s60_3.2.sis

Please use plain text.
jpio

Switzerland "incomplete" after update of maps a week ago?

Hi everybody,

On my N97 mini (symbian OS) I updated my maps with Nokia Suite 3.4.49.

Nokia Suite reports following versions:

Nokia maps 3.06 (688)

map version 0.2.45.110

During that update the update was interrupted while downloading Germany (Switzerland yet to come ...)

After restart I completed all downloads.

Now Switzerland seems to be partially "incomplete", only the main roads are displayed for some regions (very strange). Example: Murten only main roads, some miles to the "left"full details again. You can see that a nice rectangular region is "main roads only".

Now I'm not sure what to do (reset everything? Manuylla uninstall/delete stuff from the maps folder on my phone? Reinstall all maps? Manually install an older version?).

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Jens

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bekareli

Hi guys,

Could you please post the latest map for Bulgaria? My current map is 0.1.28.107 for Map Loader 3.0.28.0.

The map is 41.3 Mb. Is there a newer version?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Switzerland "incomplete" after update of maps a week ago?

jpio wrote:

On my N97 mini (symbian OS) I updated my maps with Nokia Suite 3.4.49.

Nokia Suite reports following versions:

Nokia maps 3.06 (688)

map version 0.2.45.110

Now I'm not sure what to do (reset everything? Manually uninstall/delete stuff from the maps folder on my phone? Reinstall all maps? 

As there are newer 0.2.46.103 maps available would suggest that you delete either E:\cities  or F:\cities + .qf file, re-open Nokia Maps application upon N97 Mini which will re-create necessary folder structure to re-download latest maps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

bekareli wrote:

Could you please post the latest map for Bulgaria? My current map is 0.1.28.107 for Map Loader 3.0.28.0.

The map is 41.3 Mb. Is there a newer version?

Unfortunately for the first time a new map data set for devices running Ovi Maps v3.01, 3.03 & 3.04 was not released within days of 0.2.46.103 for Nokia Maps v3.06. 3.08 & 3.09 being made available; I haven't checked my E72 for over a week for map updates but would be surprised if there are!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bekareli

Do you mean that there is a newer version of the map but only for Nokia Maps v3.06. 3.08 & 3.09? And if i want to have it i'd have to update my Nokia Maps version?
Could you please tell me is it much bigger than 41.3 Mb? As if it isn't i wouldn't bother with the update.

Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@bekareli

Only more recent devices with more phone memory can utilize 0.2.46.103 map set. As you quoted that you are using 0.1.28.107 you must have either S60 3rd FP1 or FP2 device and cannot update to more recent version of Nokia Maps using the later (larger) map set.

Please use plain text.
jpio

Hello aspergerguy,

thanks for the proposal, but it did not work.
I downloaded switzerland again and the map still shows the error.
But now nokia suite does not even report the map version, so I cannot tell, if that is the newest you had mentioned.
Any other proposal would eb much appreciated.Thanks for your tremendous effort in this forum!

Jens
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@jpio

Running out of ideas now although as primarily a Mac user where Nokia Map Loader for Mac doesn't work for later than Ovi Maps v3.04 I have to install data manually quite often.

Here is screenshot taken for latest 0.2.46.103 in "Offline" mode as witnessed by 0.0kB:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gerzz09

hi mates.,

Im newbie here in this discussion..
I have Nokia Ovi Maps 3.01 and a Map Version 0.1.28.107 in my N95 ..
Please provide me a link to download latest Philippines Map and its index for me to navigate offline... More thanks to you
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

gerzz09 wrote:

I have Nokia Ovi Maps 3.01 and a Map Version 0.1.28.107 in my N95 ..
Please provide me a link to download latest Philippines Map and its index for me to navigate offline.

Unfortunately you have the latest map data 0.1.28.107 for devices using Ovi Maps v3.01, 3.03 & 3.04 so you won't be needing these links:Philippines & ClientIndexAsia

This is the first time that a new version of map data for devices using Nokia Maps v3.06, 3.08  & 3.09 has been released, without a version following for earlier devices within  a week or two.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gerzz09

thaks for the link mate .. My nokia maps 3.01 dont have any maps yet, i will download the link u gave me.. So when will be the next upgrade of the map version ? Does the nokia maps 3.03 can be installed in my nokia n95 ?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gerzz09

ok, thats the map i downloaded yesterday so i have the latest map for my n95..
i'll hope v3.03 will run in my n95 ., anyways thanks for the help mate just inform me for any latest map versi0ns and latest map datas in the future ..thanks
Please use plain text.