Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual do...

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual download

@gerzz09

The latest map set for devices running Ovi Maps v3.01, 3.03 & 3.04 is now 0.1.29.100 although at time of this post not available for either N95 or E72 via Nokia Suite!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gerzz09

@aspergerguy

Thanks for the update man.. Inform again us when its available in Nokia N95 ., how can i update my nokia map without connecting to pc or nokia suite ? ., Is there a link on how to download it ? .. i want download the latest map version :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

gerzz09 wrote:
I want download the latest map version :smileyhappy:

Don't think servers are active yet as no sign of it!

Please use plain text.
Straylight

Another newbie here :smileysad:

I've got a N9 with Maps v4.2.55, interested in the latest maps and ClientIndex files for the (entire) USA. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Straylight wrote:

I've got a N9 with Maps v4.2.55, interested in the latest maps and ClientIndex files for the (entire) USA. 

Here is 0.2.46.103 series for your N9 USA & ClientIndex NCA

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gerzz09

is there a latest maps version for n95 and latest Philippines map and index.? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

gerzz09 wrote:
is there a latest maps version for n95 and latest Philippines map and index.? Thanks

Remains OVI Maps v3.01 for N95 and here are links requested:-

Philippines

ClientIndex Asia

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

@ aspergerguy

It does not appear that the 1.29.100 maps are available for the n79 (v3.01) either, using Nokia Suite. I have not tried Nokia Map Loader on Mac, since that application has not worked reliably for some time, and seems to take much longer than Nokia Suite to download and update the maps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

kurtkaufman wrote:

@ aspergerguy

It does not appear that the 1.29.100 maps are available for the n79 (v3.01) either,

If or when user reports that Nokia Suite delivered map set 0.1.29.100 to device, then I might try to track down direct dowmload links but not until know servers are active as users of Ovi Maps v3.01, 3.03 & 3.04 are rapidly diminishing; that said I have N95 & E72 waiting for them!

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

[ Edited ]

@aspergerguy

Nokia did accept my renewal payment for navigation through June of 2013; I hope that means that they will continue to update the maps as well as allow me to use voice navigation. I do suppose that in the area where I use the maps most often (northeast USA and Benelux), there are few new roads being built- especially considering the economy!  Still, one might reasonably suppose that if a navigation service was being offered for a price, albeit a low one, that regular updating of the maps would be a part of the package.

I do generally keep the internet connection active while using navigation, and I have noticed that it does update the maps automatically. I've seen road names at exits suddenly change as I approach, to reflect recent changes to signage. Hopefully this "on-the-fly" updating will continue, even if the full downloadable updates cease. Incidentally, the advantage of having the internet available while navigating is significant; quite a few times I have traveled through a tunnel or in an area where the GPS signal was temporarily lost The internet keeps updating nonetheless, and also helps lock on the GPS again, as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
izamd

[ Edited ]

aspergerguy@Mobile Sensei

My Nokia N9 now have complete maps and navigation offline by following N9 Offline Maps Catalogue Download manually in thread http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/N9-Offline-Maps-Catalogue-Download-Fails/td-...

My question is how in future i want received maps and navigation updates from nokia server since there is no  listed maps country name  and nice green tick beside  under manage maps.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@izamd

Sorry that this is one deficiency of manually installing map data which I can't resolve, but as N9 uses same data as Nokia Maps v3.09 upon Symbian devices it is likely to be updated 3 - 4 times a year. If you ever in vicinity of WLAN access point there is nothing to stop you grabbing a region by this method, as would overwrite/replace any existing data and would then show up in map index

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ralpugan

I updated to 00.01.28.107 by deleting-extracting diskcache and CityIndex folders along with QF file but when i view Options - Support - About, i see the version and copyright info reported WRONG, see what i mean here:

http://i45.tinypic.com/krqtz.jpg

How to fix it?

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

I believe aspergerguy has indicated that the correct version number will show up in the "About" screen only if you update using the usual method (Nokia Suite). But don't worry, you certainly do have the updated maps!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ralpugan

[ Edited ]

kurtkaufman wrote:
I believe aspergerguy has indicated that the correct version number will show up in the "About" screen only if you update using the usual method (Nokia Suite). But don't worry, you certainly do have the updated maps!

I believe the same. I haven't updated my maps data with Nokia Suite and impossible with current Nokia PC Suite (7.1) you know. That means, the copyright info and version string is kept in "phone memory" rather than in "cities" folder which is in microSDHC.

I can live with old copyright info and version info located on about screen, yes definitely annoying but it's good to have up-to-date maps data anyways.

Please use plain text.
malefactor84

You save my day mate.. THANKS A LOT!
Please use plain text.
m00se

Hi There

Thanks for the maps, idexes, and voice files. im in South Africa and just tried your method. i have a 5800, deleted cities and qf file, started maps for directory structure, closed maps, copied files over as indicated, but when i open my maps and click on drive or maps it still says i have no street maps installed... have i missed something???

EAGERLY AWAITING!!! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

m00se wrote:

i have a 5800, deleted cities and qf file,

If starting from scratch did you also download ClientIndexAfrica decompress and copy to E:\cities\diskcache\ClientIndex creating folder ClientIndex if not already present?

Please use plain text.
m00se

I did yes, at first i noticed i spelled ClientIndex incorrectly, but still the same after correcting it. after some tweaking i can see the world as i click on maps, though as i zoom in i can only see PARTIAL roads, and i mean PARTIAL, like one or two raods, before it crashes
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@m00se

Your 5800XM is running Nokia Maps v3.06 and you are using South Africa from 00.02.46.103 series here?

Please use plain text.