Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual do...

Counsellor
crashtest

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual download

scoobyman wrote:

Hi crashtest

OVI Maps v3.06 pre-release is only for a selection of recent devices for probably just this reason, whether or not extra online features can be stripped out as per v3.03 voice navigation for E71 (only S60 3rd FP1 device to get special treatment) remains to be seen.

County abbreviations follow standard international form as 

here

Ok. Thanks.  Just to make sure Ovi Maps v3.06 is the application!!? Do you know  what are major differences between the newest maps and the version earlier that.

I suppose I have 00.01.23.112 installed. That version number is found in the file cityindex.xml

Comes the latest maps version 00.01.25.114 with photorealistic navigation?

Or Has Nokia any such plans? I do know that certain car navigators comes with inbuilt camera and photos taken by the camera are added to the maps of navigator. Pretty cool thing if Nokia will implement this feature too.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

crashtest wrote

Ok. Thanks.  Just to make sure Ovi Maps v3.06 is the application!!? Do you know  what are major differences between the newest maps and the version earlier that.

Hi crashtest

Work is ongoing on v3.06 but if you are interested head on over to:http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/ovi-maps-306

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alitaliano

Hey, I also have the problem with Nokia Map Loader with Mac and that's why I'm here.

I did manage to install all the files into the right folders (voices, Index and maps) but despite ovikovi said here, it seems impossible to install other maps if you already have one zip file installed in cities\diskcach.

For example, I installed France like ovikovi said. I copied the content of the zip file for this country ("3521.zip") into the folder diskcach, i.e. the [0~9,a~z] folders... (unfortunately it was not possible to make it work with just the "3521" folder unzipped into the diskcach folder.

So now if I want to install Spain maps, it's not possible unless I copy the content of the folder into diskcach. And I would delete the files for France...

I'm not sure that's clear...

How you guys did the trick ?

Thanks for replies !!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Hi Alitaliano,

I did something similar, but instead of copying France into cities/diskcache and then Spain...

I copy Europe into the same folder, then followed by Asia.

Even though the same subfolders exist, your computer (be it MAC or PC) should prompt u that ONLY the files get overwritten or merge - in which case either u don't already have the files and new files gets copied, or the existing ones get overwritten - but each country file should be different.

My works fine, I can search for france and UK in europe and also China and India in asia.

I also used a MAC to copy the files.

but as others have said in the forum, BACKUP your files 1st, if it all goes wrong u can re-install your backups. Europe is only 2GB and memory cards aren't that expensive these days, so maybe u can consider buying a bigger memory....

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Whoever you are and whereever you are, just ask and I will try my best to help...

If u find my replies useful, pls click on WHITE STAR in GREEN Rectangle on the left to replace the '0' with a '1'
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alitaliano

Thanks for your answer.

I'm on a mac and unfortunately it's impossible to MERGE contents of folder in OSX (see http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=274241).

I tried to merge folders using this freeware utility http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownload/SyncTwoFolders-Download-22338.html

It didn't work for me... So I give up and wait for a release of another "Nokia Map Loader" for mac...

Thanks !:smileywink:

P.S. that's right I only have a 2Gb memory card !

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Hi Alitaliano,

I'm no MAC or NOKIA expert, but I did a quick search on the maps I have and I don't see any OSX folders - so can't understand why there is a need to merge the folder OSX.

I had a quick check on my MAC, and I have only folders macOSX - which I assume maybe the equivalent to your OSX folder.

Still, without a OSX sub- folder within the cities/diskcache folder, why is there a problem with OSX folder in the 1st place?

Can u do a quick search for me in your phone's memory of cities folder and tell me exactly where is the OSX folder? Unless of course u are using the MAC software to update?

Which I assume u are not, which is why u are on this thread...

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Whoever you are and whereever you are, just ask and I will try my best to help...

If u find my replies useful, pls click on WHITE STAR in GREEN Rectangle on the left to replace the '0' with a '1'
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alitaliano

Hey Chan1102 ! I'm just saying Mac OS X can't merge folders with others.
There is no "OSX" folder in my folders hierarchy !
;-P
Just the [0~9, a~f] folders in the "DiskCache".
So I still can't install other maps files since they include [0~9, a~f] folders I can't merge with those already in place...
Again, thank you so much for your help !!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

I see - I was sure I had it working using my MAC.

But I do have a laptop as well with windows - so maybe at one point I was using that to merge the files....

Anyway, found this thread, maybe worth u trying it out:

/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/How-to-download-and-keep-multiple-maps-using-Mac-E71/m-p/336690#M6387

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

@alitaliano

@Chan1102

If you open this link it is a bit easier to explain 

Merging Map Files

If you set up two finder windows with source and target next to each other, check in target folders 0-9 a-f whether any ****.cdt files present > if folder empty of content drag complete folder across from source onto existing target folder. If however already content in target folder as per left hand of screen, drag the three .cdt files not already present (in target) across from source

This red italic may still need a bit more work as each folder can have sub-folders i.e. click on 0 in diskcache can give sub-folders of 0-9 and a-f.

It's late I'm getting tired and probably doesn't make much sense but anyway.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alitaliano

Wouldn't it take soooo long time to achieve ??

There are dozens and dozens of folders named [0~9, a~f] !:smileysurprised:

That's the point !

I think a utilily to merge folders would be preferable ?

Thank you anyways ! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
crashtest

[ Edited ]

alitaliano wrote:

Hey, I also have the problem with Nokia Map Loader with Mac and that's why I'm here.

I did manage to install all the files into the right folders (voices, Index and maps) but despite ovikovi said here, it seems impossible to install other maps if you already have one zip file installed in cities\diskcach.

For example, I installed France like ovikovi said. I copied the content of the zip file for this country ("3521.zip") into the folder diskcach, i.e. the [0~9,a~z] folders... (unfortunately it was not possible to make it work with just the "3521" folder unzipped into the diskcach folder.

So now if I want to install Spain maps, it's not possible unless I copy the content of the folder into diskcach. And I would delete the files for France...

I'm not sure that's clear...

How you guys did the trick ?

Thanks for replies !!

Did you remember delete the Cities-folder  and QF-file first. And the crucial point I guess:

If you have maps on your memory card, make sure the card is in the phone and RUN the Maps Application ONCE.(As ovikovi says this is necessary for rebuilding

the cities folder and its sub-folders, along with the qf file!!!)

I've seen here that lots of folks has problems with memory cards. (old slow memory cards corrupt very easily)

Once you have deleted the files above and you have inserted the card back into your phone, please check that the cities-directory and qf file is not there any longer.

After running the maps application you should see the rebuild cities-directory and the qf-file.

I believe you have done all the above right. Is it possible that your maps are on the phone's internal memory instead of Memory card?

AI:(unfortunately it was not possible to make it work with just the "3521" folder unzipped into the diskcach folder.

Did your "Maps"- application and map work at all after your installation? Could you open the "maps" and see the map of France ?

Btw, I'm currently downloading the map of Europe and can't help much with this issue. It looks like the whole world is downloading the maps and  it takes more and more time to download those day after day. Now the download time varies from 4 to 8 hours.

@Scoopym: thanks for the betalabs tip

There is another forum too

https://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/ovi-maps-306/forum

Added this:

http://symbian.clanteam.com/indexmaps.htm

http://static.s2g.gate5.de/map5/maploaderzip-00.02.41.123/312.zip

That is Europe(whole continent) for Maps application 3.x ( I've 3.4)

That zip file is named 312.zip and is more 2.8 Gigas

Well in this thread we are talking 00-0-1-25-114

and at symbian clanteam they are talking about 00.02.41.123

Well pretty interesting. I tried to download the 312.zip and the download time is awesome 13 hours. What about the Nokia map loader (which comes with Ovi PC suite I suppos)

is that as slow as these direct downloads??

Any body who can explain the different version numbers? The 00.0.1.25.114 is the latest map version??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
crashtest

sorry could not edit any more my message. My Maps Application version is 3.04  (from application manager)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alitaliano

Yeahh, I did all of this and map of France did work in "Ovi maps", before trying to install another map folder.

The problem here is the impossibility to merge contents in Mac Os X and so in the Memory Card...

I could install the whole Europe folder but my problem is the lack of memory (2 Gb).

Anyways I managed to get the "Nokia Map Loader" work for installing another map.

Thanks to you !

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

well done, alitaliano!

Just remember, whenever u have a spare bit of cash - that 4-8 (or even 16)GB of memorycard is well worth it!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

For Mac OSX users here is how to create a World Map from respective 351.zip, 352.zip, 353.zip, 354.zip and 355.zip with thanks to Chan1102mistererikus and especially ovikovi

After downloading respective .zip files through links by ovikovi if using Safari in Mac probably to be found in "Downloads". You can leave them here (need to alter source in this case) or to follow instructions exactly drag them to "Documents" folder and unzip each here, giving you folders 351, 352, 353, 354 & 355.

Click on Finder > File > New Folder - give it name WorldMap.

For those unfamiliar with Terminal in Mac ( Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal) I suggest that you open this screenshot and keep to hand as "spaces" are critical in Unix

Terminal Map Merge

Go to Finder > Go > Home to find "username" beside "home" icon which you need later.

Type after $ prompt cd /Users/username/Documents hit return and it now points you to "Documents"

Suggest that you now pick one of the larger continents first, here I chose Europe 352 but doesn't really matter.

Type after $ prompt cp -r 352/* WorldMaps/  hit return nothing appears to be happening as running in background but returns to $ prompt after command completed.

Repeat with cp -r 351/* WorldMaps/   as per terminal screenshot and so forth until complete.

You now have WorldMaps folder with contents folders 0 - 9, a - f as here 

World Map

On your Nokia device go to E:CITIES/diskcache and drag folders 0 - 9, a -f to trash and then copy respective folders from newly created WorldMaps  0 -9, a - f to E:CITIES/diskcache.

Remember that you will also need to download respective continent indices to "Client Index" as detailed elsewhere.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Certainly tremendous thks to Scoobyman for such great lengths to put this into place,

mistererikus who gave us the idea and ovikovi with which without the files we never get anywhere!

Just a note abt the steps:

It could be just my version of OS X 10.4 (or that I know very lttle abt).

I could not find the Terminal from FINDER.

So, if u are the same as me, u can start Terminal from: the folder \Applications\Utilities\Terminal.app

When u started Terminal, it arrives at the :~ <accountname>

Hence u only need to type: cd documents

Now, just follows Scoobyman instructions from here...

For those who want to learn more abt UNIX here are some useful sites for beginners and experts alike:

http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/

http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/alphabetical/index.html

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DNBeatZ

Hi ovikovi...thanks for all..did a great thing givin us this info...i had this problem with map loader and mac osx..etc etc...so no maps, voices and so, in my 5230..but after following the instructions here it all worked..except the voices....i got two, well installed as far as i know: cities/diskcache/voices and in that folder i copied this files:

common.lua

config.lua

skin_english_female_lua (for example)

i also copied the folder named english_female, spanish:female..etc.

The thing is that in the ovimaps menu, i am able to select the language i installed, and of course i set the volume properly, but cannot get any sound during navigation..and don't know what to do...can you help me??

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DNBeatZ

Hi again

:smileytongue: it seems i was not doing the things right...there is a specific .lua file for each language...my mistake was copying the files contained in each language folder that i'd downloaded from this post, instead of copying the whole folder itself...

anyway, thanks for the help u provide here..and sorry for my english.....:smileywink:

Saludos

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Hi DNBeatz,

Yes, u are right, u DO NEED TO COPY THE voice FOLDER to the cities/diskcashe/voice folder and not just the CONTENTS - I mentioned this in page 5 of this thread - I guess u missed this considering there is so many replies to this thread.

I will ask ovikovi if he can amend his 1st message to the voice FOLDER must be copied and not just the contents of the folder...

Well done on getting it to work!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jad1234

Can you please post the map of Lebanon? Thanks a lot

Please use plain text.