Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual do...

abdesalamabed

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual download

Hello dear,

Can you plz post a direct link 4 Jordan map.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

abdesalamabed wrote:

Can you plz post a direct link 4 Jordan map.

Hi abdelsalamabad

Unfortunately if your country/region is not included in previous two posts then this is because it is found here:

Non-navigable countries

This doesn't mean there is no data available just that what there is has to be downloaded with OVI Maps "Online" although this access point maybe either via Network or WLAN.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
bappadityaroy

@scoobyman Thanks for your reply!!

Here is the brief of my problem:-

I was having ovi maps 3.04 pre-installed in my N8. I got the new version of Ovi Maps 3.06 (beta) (from beta labs website) once on installing the new version... it removed all the map data present ... :smileysad: 

Now its showing a blank map with only my GPS position in it.. No street names nothing..!!

So, This is what i have done:

I removed the folder 'cities' and 'qf' from the phone memory..

Opened d Ovi maps app.. it made all the necessary folders once again..

I extracted the 'India' Maps into--> cities/diskcache 

followed by the female english voice to --> cities/diskcache/voices

followed by the index as told by 'ovikovi'

After extraction, on opening the ovi maps app it shows the same blank map with my GPS position.. :smileysad:

PLEASE HELP!!

Device :N8 

Firmware: 011.012

Map version: Showing 0.0.0.0 ?:confused:even after extracting all files as said above)

Ovi Map v3.06 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
crashtest

[ Edited ]

If you are using Maps application version 3.06 from Betalabs you should try the latest maps:

/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/The-latest-Nokia-maps-version-00-02-41-123/td-p/792576

The installation procedure may not be the same for these maps than to those in this thread.

You could ask help at betalabs to make sure how to install manually the latest 00.02.41.123

maps for your  map application 3.06.  If Ovi suite is working with those it may be better to use it.

If you manage to install the latest maps manually as described here for  map appl 3.06 please

let us know.

Those of you who has already downloaded the whole europe maps(~ 2gigas,0.1.25.114) can you please make it available via well-known file sharing sites. It takes more 8 hours to download from nokia servers!!!

This map version  0.1.25.114 is meant for maps application 3.04 and lower(?) as far as I know.

if you decide to install the latest maps (00.02.41.123) found in the the other thread, it may be wise to talk about  the installation in the right thread. Thus those who have the newest phones listed in the above 00.02.41.123 maps thread, get to know those maps immediately.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marshal27

m not getting map of jammu and kashmir in map of india... please help.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Hi bappadityaroy,

v3.04 country maps are NOT compatible with v3.06 map application as I guess that would apply vice-versa.

If u have v3.06 map application (beta) then u need to re-load all the maps using the latest v3.06 from scoobyman's thread: v3.06Maps

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Whoever you are and whereever you are, just ask and I will try my best to help...

If u find my replies useful, pls click on WHITE STAR in GREEN Rectangle on the left to replace the '0' with a '1'
Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Hi marshal27,

I think Jammu+Kashmir are on the Pakistan maps (and not India, pls correct me if my geography is not good).

But Pakistan is one of those country which Nokia calls as non-navigable, pls see link: Non-Navigable

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Whoever you are and whereever you are, just ask and I will try my best to help...

If u find my replies useful, pls click on WHITE STAR in GREEN Rectangle on the left to replace the '0' with a '1'
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Text To Speech (tts) Not Working on E63, Nokia Maps Version: 3.01_09wk44_b01_s60_3.1, using bluetooth GPS device, Nokia Maps Drive License

I have downloaded the text to speech voice file from here: http://static.s2g.gate5.de/navigation2/lua/english_us_tts.zip and placed the english_us_tts folder inside the voices folder, along with the english_us_m folder.  When I select the voice for navigation inside the Maps application, I only see "English (US)- male" as an option, nothing about tts.  After I select "English (US)- male" and go into drive mode, there are no street names, just turn left/right directions.  Am I doing something wrong?  Am I placing the english_us_tts folder in the correct location?  Any help is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
charlenel874

Hi,

when I go to use my sat nav it tells me to update it, I have try several times and it keeps telling me my phone memory "C" is too low I have deleted everything of the phone but it still wont update :smileysad: :smileysad: ...

Do you know why?? and can you help me with my problem, please cos its doing me head in :smileysad: :smileysad:....

Thank you :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

Maybe you should try a soft reset.   It worked for me.    Have a read of this thread:

/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/E52-error-when-installing-ovimaps/m-p/751192#M27026

Please use plain text.
elbittar

hey please if  u can give the link for Lebanon it would be great :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Hi elbittar,

Am afraid Lebanon is classed as non-navigable, pls see link: Non-Navigable

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Please use plain text.

Hello Sir,

I'd Oman region Maps installed and was working fine. To Install the Maps of India, I tried the above steps of Extracting Maps and Index files. I can view all the files, but Problem is;
I cannot see any Maps on the GLOBE(Routes, details etc), when I select My Position it directs to somewhat correct point. When I try Zooming In, it shuts down. Kindly help.

Regards,
Nelson.
Please use plain text.

Dear Ovikovi....please help me out of this problem.

Hello Sir, I'd Oman region Maps installed and was working fine. To Install the Maps of India, I tried the above steps of Extracting Maps and Index files. I can view all the files, but Problem is; I cannot see any Maps on the GLOBE(Routes, details etc), when I select My Position it directs to somewhat correct point. When I try Zooming In, it shuts down. Kindly help.

Regards, Nelson. ....

Please use plain text.
drfil

[ Edited ]

I'm trying this approach (as originally posted) on an X6 8gb, but its not working.  Is it because its an 8gb?  I was careless when I downloaded the 3.04 version of ovi maps (going back I can see that only 16gb  X6 and above are compatible).  Needless to say I wiped the original Australia, NZ maps and indices off of my phone.  Continuing with the "not being careful" theme I didn't back up the phone memory, so no going back that way.

I have deleted the Cities and qf file many times, restarted ovi maps to recreate those files/folders but with no luck.  I'm running Mac snow leopard and map loader. I keep getting either "file in use" errors or map loader will just crash. stink!  

I'd be happy just having the original ovi map and country files back!  

Any help would be much appreciated!   :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nabil85

I used to have the names of tne streets and landmarks in Lebanon's map when I first got my N8. When I downloaded the map you posted for Lebanon, all the names disappeared. I just see the roads with no names or landmarks. Is there an index to download for Lebanon? or does this work?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Super_decker

Hi, If you can post the English surfer dude voices, it would be great ! Thanx
Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Hi drfil,

If u want v3.03 back on your phone, then u need need to follow scoobyman's thread on how to load maps manually on MAC: MAC

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Hi Super_decker,

U will fin the surfer dude on page 3 of this thread

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Chan1102

Hi nabil85,

As far as Nokia website states, Lebanon is non-navigable.

But if u got the maps from here, then maybe it is navigable (or parts of it).

if u want the index, they come as a package of continents - therefore  u would need to go back to the 1st page of this thread and download the whole continent zip file.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Please use plain text.