Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual do...

Contributor
safeersoft

Re: newest Nokia Ovi Maps ( 0.1.25.114 ) manual download

I already have egypt maps but it is the previous version and not complete

as previous version so it supposed to a new version 0.1.25.114

if its found pls give the link

thanx
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Marcell256

Hi I have a problem when extracting the Asia maps. One of the files coulnd't be extracted no matter I tried. It's the 55ea.cdt. Anyone can help? Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Which country in Asia are you after?

Unfortunately 55ea.cdt is 42.7MB in size and can't deal with it here.

You could possibly look at previous 00.01.24.114 mapping links here if desperate:

/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/New-Ovi-Maps-version-0-1-24-114-are-out/m-p/686235/highlight/true#M23097

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
haresh333

I want maps of India but only few states.. Entire India map is 100+MB which will unnecessaryly waste most of the space on the device. Can Nokia provide India maps by State?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

haresh333 wrote:
I want maps of India but only few states.. Entire India map is 100+MB which will unnecessaryly waste most of the space on the device. Can Nokia provide India maps by State?

It is expected that OVI Maps data will be stored on either memory card or in mass memory in which case 100MB is pretty small percentage of available space; it was not envisaged being installed to phone memory. Unfortunately also size of 100MB for such a large country is indicative of the lack of detail included in current mapping.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
doug5838

I copied the english dude voice to my memory card as instructed, but it does not appear in the voices list to select from. I downloaded the swedish voice also from here and it worked, so I think I'm doing the right thing. Can you help? Some voices read out street names while others don't. Can you explain? Also, could you provide a manual download for the beeps and vibrations walk guidance 'voice' please. Thanks for providing these links and help in all these posts.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Seem to remember that you need OVI Maps to be"Online" just to download the available catalogue of voices and you will then see it listed as a choice.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
frisbi

I have the N8 - and I'm happy with it - but the real annoyance I have is with OVI suite. I'm already using PC Suite to syn outlook but I can't manage to upload additional maps to it (notice you can only use a not so recent version of PC Suite together with N8; the last ones block the N8 and force you to ovi suite).

I managed to upload a few maps when i first ran ovi suite a month ago but no it's not working any more.

Ovi maps version is 3.06 10wk46b01 and maps version 0.2.41.123.

Can I upload additional maps (europe as a whole is what i'd like to install replacing the few countries i managed to install before) manually? where to find the maps?

Kind regards,

FJ

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Two choices for you here:-

1) Go over to Nokia Beta Labs (sign in with Nokia ID & password) and install OVI Maps v3.06_10wk50_b03 which has "Update" feature utilising WLAN access point on your N8 to download any maps you need.

2) If you look in this link by scoobyman you will find direct download link for Europe:

/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/OVI-Maps-00-02-41-123-Manual-Download-for-Mac-users/m-p/798059/highlight...

Although this post directed at specific needs of Mac users just follow ovikovi instructions at head of this thread with previous map version.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marshal27

hi chann 117,

man may i correct you, jammu kashmir is very much part of india....!!.. dnt know y nokia has not given map of j&K in map of asia/ india..!!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

I got the link to download india's map, but i'm not sure if thats the latest version. Can anyone guide me to get the latest version?
Plus how can i get the clientindex file for india?
Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Sorry I need a bit more information here as not sure whether you mean for OVI Maps v3.04 or v3.06

For v3.04 with 00.01.25.114 India and Client IndexAsia

For v3.06 with 00.02.41.123 India and Client IndexAsia

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Thanks a lot. I meant v3.06
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

I'm getting "file not found" error while installing ovi maps v3.06. The installation of the maps installer proceeds normally(downloaded from beta labs) and i can locate the installer in app manager too. But the installation of maps fails with the afore mentioned error. Do i need some other file too or am i doing something wrong? Please help.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Unfortunately I don't know on to which device you are trying to install OVI Maps v3.06 from Nokia Beta Labs, so please could you post this together with it's firmware version?

Presumably there is a reason for avoidance of OVI Suite, when you asked me to provide maps direct download links?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Ya, i'm trying to install it in nokia 5233, v40.1.003, which is currently not supported by ovi maps. However ovi maps(dunno which version)was part of the firmware till mid last year. So i feel it should support the maps, even if not officially.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Unfortunately v3.06 from Beta Labs is designed for devices with a WLAN and you will see disclaimer about "Update" feature obviously not being supported on 5230, although application still supposed to work.

It is also easy for me to say with little data stored on device to suggest resetting device to "Out of box" state which co-incidentally would free up phone memory that also maybe an issue here precluding installation of this application.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Thanks for responding. Incidentally i'd reseted my phone only a couple of days back and i've 51 MB of free space in phone memory. Should i perform a reset again? I remember a reset provides free space of around 56 mb in this device.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Certainly not worth resetting again as I think you only need >20MB to install.

Incidentally v3.06 is the first one that one that has issues with Bluetooth GPS on Symbian^3 devices, in that if using such all other positioning methods must be disabled.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Well, all i can say is my bad... Tried again after disabling all positioning methods, but the result is same.
Please use plain text.