Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia drive Georgia's map

Contributor
beka909

nokia drive Georgia's map

[ Edited ]

i cant see my country map and why ? and how and when it would be avalable ?

and lets nokia put maps from naviteq there is Georgia's maps

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Welcome to the forums beka909!

It was decided to remove all countries from the download list in Nokia Suite that have only very poor coverage. The following countries are concerned: Cyprus, Georgia, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Japan, South Korea

The reason for this is, that Nokia doesn't want to confuse the users by giving the impression that these are fully navigable countries. Therefore, only countries which are navigable are listed for street map download in Nokia Suite. This affects Maps 3.04 and Maps 3.06 and later Maps versions.

The existing map data for these countries is still available via OTA download directly from the Maps application.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
irakli9

How come google has already added very detailed map of Georgia?
I asked the local Nokia forum a few years ago, said that the process of making the maps was already started, but Google started and ended making the maps earlier than Nokia, and now when I ask the local forum the same question, they just ignore me.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
beka909

[ Edited ]

where is nokia getting map info ? why dont nokia ask for naviteq to develop little countries maps like Georgia...
or make copy from google

and also Drive dont have satelite view and cache dont saves OTA downloaded info why ?

also that fact that  maps on the internet from browser u can open and correct or add info to Nokia maps and that view
map creator view of Nokia maps shows that map is more full than maps in mobile why ?  it has best look than google and ofcourse than nokia maps in mobile

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.