Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: ovi map cambodia

Registered Member
markusse
Accepted Solution

ovi map cambodia

[ Edited ]

hi,

how to get the non-navigaion map of cambodia to my nokia 5800 music express? according to the follwing link the map is available: http://www.nokia.de/ovi-dienste-und-apps/nokia-maps/anleitungen/mapping/coverage

i've tried with nokia ovi suite and nokia map loader

software version: 52.0.007 nokia map loader: 3.0.33

rgds,

markus

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

AFAIK the only way to access what data there is for non-navigable countries is to set OVI Maps application to "Online" which may be a WLAN connection, zoom out from your current position go across the globe and zoom back down on to the region in question; just keep an eye on the kb meter as you pan across the area in sequential strips and when it stops rising you have got all of the available mapping. It seems to want to download about 1.5MB of data

However if you install OVI Maps v3.06 from Nokia Beta Labs (sign in with Nokia ID + passsword) from here: http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/ovi-maps-for-mobile-v3-06 which uses newer maps 00.02.41.123 rather than 00.01.25.114 with v3.04 I found that all the data is included if World Maps have been downloaded, but would expect just downloading the continent of Asia to be adequate here.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
markusse

thanks for your quick and informative post!!
markus
Please use plain text.