Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: ovi maps website favourites problem

Advisor
moba77
Accepted Solution

ovi maps website favourites problem

hi to all,

when i try to save a poi on maps.ovi.com i can't change name of that favourites and i can't change icon too.. (in past i rememeber that i can choose another type of icon.. restaurant,hotel and so on) .

I've tryed with many browser and also i've cleaned cache

anyone have the same issues?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not sure..but If you choose the Correct Catagory / Sub-Catagory while saving.. it may set the correct Icon when gets displayed....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
moba77

mmmh.. no.. on website now you can't choose subcategories when save a point. only put in favourites... no change name (so remain only saved as address name), no change icon type.

i'vre tryed with firefox, opera, chrome , IE but always same result

ufffff :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

When you Right Click at a Place where you want to Add the POI.. It gives an option for 'Add a Public Place to Maps'... selecting that gives options as seen in Attachment No. 2...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
moba77

thanks a lot !!!!

i will have to re organize my favourites but now i can do it better !!!

thanks again for help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You are welcome..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rossco_UK

I did find that if you create your favourite on the OVI maps session on your browser, sync your favourites on your phone (mine is an N8), you can then edit the favourite name on the OVI maps session on your phone.  The next time you sync between the two, the favourite on the browser session is changed as well!

Barmy...far from ideal, but it worked for me!  Hopefully Nokia won't take too long to sort this out.

***decides not to hold breath***  :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
berna313

this option is not available anymore:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
cancruiser

[ Edited ]

I cannot seem to find this yellow star in the favourites in order to save a route that I chose on Ovi maps online. I am logged in by the way. How can I save a route online and then transfer it to my N8 then??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

First, under 'Directions' you need to set the Route.. Then refer the attachment for the STAR Icon to save as Favourites..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cholt45

Whyx is ther no oprions to rename your favourites? NO edit options, no grouping, nothing. I dont understand why would you have an online service if the usability is realy poor.

This is suposed to be the easier/faster way for me to add 10-20 points and then sync them with my phone. but now it is useless because i get lost in the streetnames and I just cant figure out what place/shop/attraction it represents.

Hmm, nokia, so sad. Ovi maps is in superior to gmaps in the aspect of offline navigation, shame.

Please use plain text.