Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: "Somethings gone wrong" "Could not install the...

tropikana99

"Somethings gone wrong" "Could not install the following applications: Ovi Maps

Just got my n97 mini back from nokia care. Whilst restoring my  data and uploading my maps, I got the error below.

"Somethings gone wrong" error

"Could not install the following applications: Ovi Maps - with free navigation
There was a problem with the software update service
Please restart Nokia Ovi suite and try again. If the problem persists, uninstall Nokia Ovi Suite and download the latest version pf the application"

The app on the phone stopped working and i got an unknown error -5 trying to upgrade it from the ovi store.

After deleting the "cities' folder and the qf or qt file n mass memory and the app recreated the folders and i was able to upload maps to the phone, but cannot update the ovi maps application.

I'm running Ovi Maps 3.0  something and the latest version is 3.6 something.

Any help is appreciated. I was able to load maps in the version 3.0 Ovi Maps app, but cannot update it from ovi suite or ovi store.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: "Somethings gone wrong" "Could not install the following applications: Ovi Maps

@tropikana99

In the situation of "Error 5" try going to Go to Menu > Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps and uninstall any of these present: Open C LIBSSL,Open C LIBSSL Patch, OVI Maps Wi-Fi/Network Positioning, PIPS Installer, Share Location Agent, Share Location, Share Location Widget, Standard C++ Library Common, Standard C++ Library Patch, Symbian OS Pipes Upgrade, Symbian OS PIPS Upgrade & Upgrade for OpenC LIBZ Support before installing v3.06

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
maroo

Re: "Somethings gone wrong" "Could not install the following applications: Ovi Maps

[ Edited ]

And what if there's no error 5?

Every time I'm trying to upgrade Ovi Maps on E72 from v3.04 to 3.4 I'm getting the same error message: "Something's gone wrong" etc. but no error nbr is displayed.

Any hints on this please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@maroo

Welcome to the forum!

If you are trying to update to maps_installer_3.04_10wk17_b07_s60_3.2.Nocs.sis although it would mean backing up essential data first, can only suggest that you return device to "out of box" state by keying in *#7370# followed by 12345 (default Nokia lock code unless altered by yourself).

Please use plain text.

I am having a similar problem on my N97. Ovi Suite says their is an update to map software to include stuff like street view. I had v3,.04 and upgrade is 3.06 Then I install it via ovi suite it deleted all my maps and then just hung in the installing mode. I gave up after a few hours and found it hung up. I delete unused apps to create more C memory and tried again and same happened.

I then started maps and found it still opened 3.04, but all my maps were gone. Downloaded some maps again and now 3.04 works but I cannot get 3.06 to install, either via my phone over the air or via ovi suite.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@john52

Unfortunately N97 having little free phone memory, installing OVI Maps v3.06 is always going to be an issue unless device newly formatted!

Please use plain text.
maroo

Hi aspergerguy,

Thanks for the welcome.   :-)

I'm not sure about "_s60_3.2.Nocs.sis" (I don't know where to find the file and the search via File Manager doesn't return any hits) but the initial part is matching the "About" data of Ovi Maps.

Does "out of the box" mean setting all my personalizations again from scratch?

If so, then thanks but I'll rather keep the old version as long as I can, hoping for next version to be error-free.

Sorry to say, but I don't have time to waste for recovery of a mobile.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

maroo wrote:

I'm not sure about "_s60_3.2.Nocs.sis" (I don't know where to find the file) 

Does "out of the box" mean setting all my personalizations again from scratch? YES

Sorry to say, but I don't have time to waste for recovery of a mobile.

OVI Maps v3.04 for E72:http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download#/nokia-e72/

Don't think that ever had Nokia S60 device that has not needed resetting several times during it's working life!

Please use plain text.
maroo

aspergerguy wrote:

Don't think that ever had Nokia S60 device that has not needed resetting several times during it's working life!

Yeah, it's true unfortunately. [sigh]

Nevertheless I'll try to avoid it as long as I can. Anyway, thanks for help.

Please use plain text.