Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5130 Firmware bug

Registered Member

5130 Firmware bug

After Updating my 5130 XM firmware to v07.91 screensaver and powersaver options are disappear. Please tell me what to do?
Please use plain text.

Re: 5130 Firmware bug

Hey mate you should try to update your firmware software again to get your lost softwares in phone. Hope this will help you to recover your lost applications of the phone.
Be cool alwayz...
Please use plain text.
5130XM

HEY HII........... I ALSO UPDATED MY PHONES FIRMWARE FROM 6.95 TO 7.91. AND YES ME TOO LOST THE POWERSAVER AND SCREENSAVER OPTIONS. THERE ARE SCREENSAVERS IN THE PHONE MEMORY AND I M UNABLE TO USE IT COZ IN USE FLASH CONTENT AS... OPTION IT DOES NOT DISPLAYS THE SCREENSAVER OPTION.:smileyindifferent::smileysurprised:

NOKIA HAVE MADE SOME FIXES BUT THEY FOOLS FIXED THE COOL OPTIONS..

THE BATTERY BACKUP IS ALSO PATHETIC......................

NOKIA SHOULD WORK FOR IT............. IF THEY NEED A GOOD MARKET POTENTIAL FOR THEIR PRODUCTS..................

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

This manifestation is common to quite a number of Series40 phones. Other users (myself included) have reported the Calculator function missing when upgrading to a new firmware version. However, in those cases, along with your case, the Calculator, and your powersaver options may very well be restored in a newer firmware version. I am not sure as to why they take out these features, maybe because they are conflicting with other processes in the phone....until such time they figure out how to get that function working harmoniously with the rest of the phone again.

As the 5130 has been on the market for quite some time, all you can do is wait and see if there are any other firmware updates released for that model. Some S40 phones have petered out at the v7.xx stage, while others have received updates all the way up to v10.xx. Restoring the phone to factory settings won't usually help in these scenarios. Hopefully Nokia will release more firmware updates for your phone model.

Please throw some kudos our way, it would mean a lot to us :smileyhappy:

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.