Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5800 xm very short ringing time

Accepted Solution

5800 xm very short ringing time

Hi there, i really hope somebody can help, posting on behalf of my husband who has just bought the xpress music 5800, he loves the phone but the one bug bear is that it only rings for 10 seconds before going to voice-mail, i have the same phone and have no problems as my voice-mail switched off but as he relies on v-m for work he needs to have it on! Is there any way of extending the length of time it rings or is it something he is stuck with??!!

Many thanks for reading and hope someone can help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: 5800 xm very short ringing time

Menu > Settings > Calling > Call divert > Voice calls > If not answered > Activate > To voice mailbox

Then select the duration, from 5 seconds to 30 in 5 second increments.

Note that this is in fact a network function, not a phone function. It's the network that decides to stop your phone ringing after so long and then diverts the call to voicemail (which is also a network function - voicemail messages are not stored in the phone but on the network operator's systems).

The action above sends a command to the network saying that it should wait so many seconds before diverting the call to the voice mailbox. Some networks' systems ignore this command. If your husband's does then you or he will have to call the network asking if it is possible to extend the ring time.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.

Hi There,

Many thanks for that, we were just going round in flippin circles getting madder and madder!!! Made more frustrating as we are both on the same network but i had no probs, many thanks again for your help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Glad you're sorted.

Thanks for the kudos and the AS :smileyhappy:

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.