Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't access screen when call is in progress

XpressMobi

Can't access screen when call is in progress

Hi, I am using Nokia 5800 xpress. I am suddenly facing some issue with screen. When there is some call going( i.e. when I receive some call or dial some) that time I can't access screen, can't use loudspeaker button on screen, end call from screen , neither I can open keypad. The screen goes black and I have to disconnect the phone by End call red button,(physical button provided on phone. Is it some kind of hardware issue? I have update phone software too but it won't worked.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Can't access screen when call is in progress

Have you checked whether the Proximity sensor is covered by any foreign particles / material ...? Clean that area and check again.. Also, whether rebooting the phone makes any difference. 

Please use plain text.
XpressMobi

Yes I checked and cleaned it, nothing is in front of it. screen gaurd is also away from it. The screen is working normally but it stops responding when some call is in progress.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

1. Remove the battery for a couple of minutes, Insert and switch the phone ON. See if that makes any difference.

2. Factory reset and check again..

3. Update (if available) / Re-install the firmware.

4. If problem remains then you may have to Soft Reset the phone by dialing *#7370# followed by 12345 (Default code unless set by you) when prompted. Be warned that this will erase all data from the Phone memory..so back-up before doing it. You will have to restore the data and MAY have to re-install a few applications.

Please use plain text.
akarshsinghasd

may you need to flash your phone for 5800 use combinaton of keys

Switch off your phone, use combination of key
BLUE+RED+CAMERA+POWER ON KEY
Don't release any key untill you see nokia logo on your screen
Please use plain text.