Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5310 Need Hard REset.

Nokia 5310 Need Hard REset.

Well I've been having heaps of trouble with my 5310 XpressMusic phone lately.

And I figured it might be to do with the fact i have 8k+ SMS messages stored on the phone's memory.

But the problem is, the phone is so unusable that it freezes when i try and delete any of them.

I've tried the *#7370# trick, along with the * and 3 and green and on button trick.

NONE of these work for me.

although the *#7780 worked??

Really weird.

Would be nice if someone could enlighten me on a possible alternate solution, as I really want to keep using this phone!

Thanks.

Zach

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: Nokia 5310 Need Hard REset.

correct they will not work because your phone is not an s60 platform. only s60 phones can take advantage of the codes to reformat and restore settings. there is nothing you can do but take it to nokia care point for the reformat of your phone. your phone runs on s40 5th edition. there is no way you can reset your phone by yourself. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Another thing you can try is to use Nokia Software Updater to update the firmware on your handset. If an update is available, part of the process of installing it is a hard reset.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kosteliux

Hello, I have a problem. My nokia 5310 express music turned off because of low battery and since then I can't turn it on. Tried removing battery, sim, memory cards. Is there any way to restart, reset it? Please help.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Have you tried charging it for a little while before turning on?

If your phone won't turn on at all even doing what you did, you will have to take it to a Nokia care point.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
James12345

hi i  downloaded some music on my nokia 5310 xpress music phone and now when i turn it on it turns of in like 10 secs then turns on by it self and of repeats several times then stays off what should i do?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
noobiedoobie

You can do the hard reset for the device by going into

Menu>Settings>Restore factory settings>Restore all

But it'll wipe out all your information like the *#7370# does...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

noobiedoobie
that wont work on this phone as already pointed out

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

My Nokia 5310 Xpressmusic master code not working

Please use plain text.