Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

1020 Battery Life Issues?

CADOX

1020 Battery Life Issues?

I am a moderate to heavy users, snapping 10-15 pics, monitoring 3 e-mail address, Facebook, Linkedin, twitter, etc. But overall my 900 would last a little over a day with out problems. My 1020 if I recharge it overnight I might make it to 4PM the next day if I am Lucky.

When I first got it I was charging it mid day due to getting it pretty late one afternoon and not playing with it until the next day. I have noticed it is getting shorter everyday as time goes on. If I charge it mid day say 2 the first day, it was 1 the next and so on and now it is twice a day.

I love my phone but at this point I am considering taking it back if I have to charge it twice a day. It died on me yesterday and I started having car problems. Not good not to have your cell if you are stuck on the side of the interstate 20 miles from the closest town. Luckily I made it but it was a nail bitter because i didn't bring my charger for a 3 hour trip.

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: 1020 Battery Life Issues?

It will take several charge cycles for the battery to settle,like any new devices my 925 was the same and now its fine.
Keep an eye on it over another few weeks and if its not working then i would go further.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Another good idea is to invest a little money in a back such as THIS.

I ride my bike for hours during weekends and I have my phone plugged into this all the time. Running GPS and streaming online music throughout my trip I always come home with a fully charged phone. Having 13,000 mAH of extra power around is always a good plan IMO..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Registered Member
darsh1020

Hello All, I had the same issue with my new 1020. The longest my battery lasted after a full charge was for about 14 - 16 hours. I did some experiments and found the actual battery killer. I turned off double tab wake and glance screen. Now my battery drain seems to go away. Now I see only about 1.5 to 2% battery drain every hour (which is very good when compared to 5% battery drain I was experiencing previously). I am getting about 2 days of battery life now. I don't know why Nokia is turning on this feature by default.

Mobile Sensei
carman58

I am also getting much better battery life from the 1020 than I did from my 920, but like every phone, the more applications and tasks running on the phone and the more you use it the quicker the battery will deplete, I choose to use glance screen and tap to awake but even so it will last a full working day and expect this to improve with a few more charge cycles. If battery life is poor you needed to reduce background tasks and maybe reduce screen brightness and frequency of push mail etc.

Good luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Contributor
AndroidH8

I also read everywhere that this phone does not have a good battery life. Work-arounds can only do so much. It's a shame. In situations where you are travelling and want to take the phone with you to take pictures, it would be nice to know that you don't have to re-charge the phone after a few hours of use, or carry around a solar charger (lol). Droid Maxx has a 2 day charge. HTC is close. There is no such thing as a perfect phone - sadly.

Mobile Guru
93tid

My 1020 lasts easily 2 days without any workarounds and restrictions. Even with Glance and Double Tap on, my current battery consumption is below 2% per hour in standby.

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

I am getting well over two days out of a charge on my 1020 with WiFi and services always on, Mail polling every 30 minutes and a large number of apps with notifications. No issue whatsoever.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I've had my 1020 for roughly a week now but have been charging it daily. I suppose this may be due in part to the amount of use it gets but also what applications I have installed and running.

Considering it is still a brand new device I find myself using it frequently but this will change once the novelty wears off. Also, I may be running an application or applications that are not optimally coded which can lead to excessive battery drain. This would explain the discrepancy between some users reporting excellent battery life and those reporting the contrary. Obviously then, we may have the same phone and OS but we all have different usage patterns and applications installed and running.

Assuming then that there is nothing wrong with the hardware we can then look towards our usage habits and what applications we are using to determine why the battery seems to drain faster on one device but not the other.

Their are plenty of guides online and here in this very forum that offer tips and tricks to significantly improve battery life on a smartphone.
ayejay0601

I got my 1020 about two weeks ago and was draining about 2 percent an hour with native settings. It was awesome. Then the speaker stopped functioning and I returned it to the store for replacement. The OS automatically restored all settings and apps on the replacement. I have now had the replacement two days and it is discharging at 5 percent an hour. Not sure if this is due to hardware or software. I will give it one more charge cycle and if it doesn't improve, I will exchange this one too.
waynog

I've got the 1020 i have almost everything switched off and if i don't use it it discharge's by 6-7% an hour this surely cant be right I've had it a couple if months and it isn't settling down at all basically i cant use it. If i do its using 10-15% per hour not happy