Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Are you kidding me?

Registered Member
Madashell

Are you kidding me?

Dear Nokia,

It is one thing that you postpone introduction of lumia 920 for 5 months in the Netherlands, it is a different thing that once you finally do start delivering phones, you can only deliver black and white models.

Are you kidding me? Really? All this fuzz about colorful phones, the add ridiculing Iphone for not have any colors and than all you can deliver are black and white phones? How incredibly ironic is this add you made. 

I have never used a mobile phone other than Nokia and I could easily continue that with the Lumia 920. But you make it almost impossible to love Nokia. Your introduction of the new Lumia's in the Netherlands is close to a total disaster.

Please please please sort it out very soon! The failed introduction of the Lumia is to me by far the loudest signal ever (louder than most of my friends have ever given) me to buy an Iphone 5. That really should get you worried.

Yours truly but not for very long anymore,

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Funny post.

Retailers buy phones and decide which models they stock. How are you blaming Nokia for that? Seems like a typical ase of barking up the wrong tree here. The colours available from Nokia NL are seen here.

Also love that you seems to think that you considering an iPhone would worry Nokia somehow. The mere fact you choose to prioritize the color over functionality would somehow maje sense in that respect though. Getting a 920 shortly myself and I'd love to get a yellow one, but if not the black will do fine as well..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Judging a book by its cover! I can only say this the phone is fantastic colour is not an issue,after all we can get cases and covers to mix.

The iphone 5 lets see now MMMMMMM SAME BORING DESIGN HOW MANY YEARS NOW?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Professor
caitlin1759

The 2 posts above are missing the point. The Lumia range in theory comes in a range of fantastic colours. In reality as Nokia, generally is selling them tied to particular networks the reality is you will get whatever colour Nokia and the network supplier have agreed. In the case of T-Mobile UK and certainly so far as the shops in the town where I live that was black so far add the 800.

The comparison with iPhone is irrelevant. Apple isn't marketing its phones on the basis of their pretty colours.
Counsellor
Daniel_na

yes, you are right, Iphones are too boring to having them anymore. that's why I shift to Lumia 920, and sold the 4S.

It is a good phone, but just the experience for me is poor~~ :smileysad:

Counsellor
Flexi_BTS

Other than the handset color annoyance which is not worth mentioning anyway, what is your experience so far with the L920 ? that could add a little more value to the thread.

Just my 2 cents

Counsellor
gunsnroses_dxb

in my part of world, Nokia kept few colors with them and few exclusively with the other retailers..for example, I can't have Red Lumia from Nokia directly but one of it's authorized agent... check this may be the case in NL too.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

@caitlin nobody is missing the point and just because T M uk have arrangements dont mean everyone does.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Sage
sealionact

Although basing your device choice on the available color seems a bit shallow, I have to admit that the 920 launch has been a disaster. I've never seen a 920 in any other color than black in any store - worse, having traveled Europe extensively over the last 3 months, I've seen the 920 in stores twice. People just aren't aware of them. Most of my friends haven't even heard of a 920 - when I mention getting a Nokia instead of an iPhone or SGS3 they have a mental image of a N95 ingrained in their brains.
Launching these devices in little batches here and there doesn't create a buzz. The "Deliver a small quantity which will be easier to sell, which will get more stores saying they are sold out" strategy is nonsense. Walk into a store, see an eye-catching rainbow of colored 920's and get an advertising campaign that makes sense. Show people WHY the 920 is brilliant. Highlight the features (Drive, Camera, Integration, UI, Wireless charging).

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

caitlin1759 wrote:
The 2 posts above are missing the point. The Lumia range in theory comes in a range of fantastic colours.

No I am not, the local website shows the colours available for that country. Did you even bother to look at the link I provided? Nokia NL offers all available colours except Cyan which is AT&T exclusive it seems.

It is the retailers and/or carrier who stock a limited palette here.

sealionact wrote:

I have to admit that the 920 launch has been a disaster. I've never seen a 920 in any other color than black in any store - worse, having traveled Europe extensively over the last 3 months, I've seen the 920 in stores twice.

Which goes to show you both are clueless and biased. Having a staggered roll-out is nothing new or special everyone does it, and that includes Apple who had the iPhone5 available in some regions just last month (including a 3-5 week delivery time online) which basically parallels the roll out for the Nokia devices as far as time frame goes since Nokia will have the WP8 device out in most places by the end of this months/early February.

The WP8 devices have only been available since early November so they were not even out the first month of your extensive European travels. In the UK the Lumia 920 and 820 are widely available and  can be seen in a number of colours including the signature yellow. You must have had the wrong itinerary I guess.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Sage
sealionact

"Clueless and biased".. I probably shouldn't bite, but I have some time on my hands - so here goes.
Clueless - regarding what? Launch strategies? Hardly. Staggered launches work for iPhones because everybody from here to Nepal has heard of an iPhone, and if anything it increases fever pitch demand on launch days in the various countries. Nokia are in an entirely different position. They are either aiming for current iPhone/Android owners to switch, or convince first time smartphone adopters that the 920 is a better proposition than their competitors. To do that, the worst possible strategy would be to release them in drips and drabs to limited carriers. As you rightly point out, the 920 was launched in November. I saw my first 920 in France in December 15th despite asking every single carrier and independent phone store basically on a daily basis. Most stores had never heard of a 920.
Call me "clueless" all you want - but if the 920 has been available for three months, and I have yet to see a single person using one (apart from myself) - I'll remain convinced that the launch was not handled correctly.
"Biased" - in what way? Anti - Nokia? Anti MS? Based on the fact that I've had about a dozen Nokia devices going back to 1993? That I actually love the idea of MS's vision of an integrated OS on WP? Hardly.
Bottom line. If a potential customer enters a store with the intention of buying a smartphone, 90% of them have a mental picture of an iPhone or Android device engrained in their brain. If there had been 920's in a wide range of colors available to them in store, they might have at least enquired about them.

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Staggered releases are required as these devices are only built weeks ahead of release. Obviously Apple needs much more time right now to cover demand and so delivery date of devices they hype as sold in the first weekend usually takes 5 weeks or longer.

For obvious reasons Nokia does not have the manufacturing capabilities Apple or Samsung has and so needs to stagger more. That said they basically have the same release schedule which is 2-3 key markets following the release and the rest of the world 2-3 months after that.

Just because we have known of the 920/820 since early august these devices have only been released two months ago so as it goes in this business they are only now starting to arrive globally. Nokia is no different then others here. It appeared you do not know or want to know this and so this is where I would enter clueless/biased.

When Apple started out with the iPhone what did they do? they went exclusive! Not because they wanted to but because that was the only way they can ensure a relative fast ROI. The same goes for Nokia now. It's both the nature of (especially) the twisted and horrible way the US telecom market works and plain and simple rules of economics. They need to sell volume to be able to produce more. The only way they can sell volume to big players is to go exclusive and sell a boatload of device in one go for a fast return. This frees up money for further and global release.

And again, it's mostly retailers and carriers choosing to not stock all available colours. In many markets (such as The Netherlands in this case) all colours are available to them.

---

Counsellor
palaidniex

[ Edited ]
Hey professor... You' are not right... It is hard to ride nice on almost dead horse. If Nokia wants get back, the come back move must be astonishing, massive and WOW!
It is stupid with Nokias nowadays positions and awarenes to hope regain market share with poor availability, technical problems, not availability of advertised colors etc...
F.e. Previous Lumias still have tons of unsolved problems, like local language keyboard input impossibility, despite menus, that are in this very local language... It is a real problem for smart phone to be smart and fully usable... f.e. Document input and right spelling for local addresses in Drive...
Nokia 1611, 2210, 3110, 5110, 6210, 6310, 6310i (up to these models totally satisfied)
Then don't remember model, then E50 (mostly happy), then N97 mini - phone with briliant keyboard, but poor touchscreen, then business phone E07, phone that can not make a photo of contract, invoice or business card. poor design of usb port and 5 months at service did it - my nowadays phone is Apple. Company gave me Asha 300, so frustrating, that I use my old E50 instead...
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Nokia is hardly a dead horse..

---

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

palaidniex wrote:
Hey professor... You' are not right... It is hard to ride nice on almost dead horse. If Nokia wants get back, the come back move must be astonishing, massive and WOW!
It is stupid with Nokias nowadays positions and awarenes to hope regain market share with poor availability, technical problems, not availability of advertised colors etc...
F.e. Previous Lumias still have tons of unsolved problems, like local language keyboard input impossibility, despite menus, that are in this very local language... It is a real problem for smart phone to be smart and fully usable... f.e. Document input and right spelling for local addresses in Drive...

Are you here to troll the forum with your one sided paragraphs?

Now using the Lumia 1520
Counsellor
palaidniex

[ Edited ]
No, but I did not get any answers concerning my girlfrends Lumia. The real problems that really annoy.
That should be solved by Nokia. I know that Nokia is reading this...
Some things are improved at service but not in one word Nokia accepts It's faults. It is funny to read services last answer - I had to get newer version of WP. Now It is installed WP 7.8 (this is done by service engineer in service). So now I have version that for average user still is not available. So service blames me for not doing things that are not avilable for me...
Stupid, isn't it?
Also still unsolved local language support... Have You tried to correct document on local language that has specific characters, but device somewhy does not support them...? Cmon - 21st century, and it is impossible to implememt keyboard layouts at least on demand? In electronic device, that is faster and has to be more smart than compiters 10 years ago that easily supported that? Even Nokia's NONsmart phones supported it...
Nokia 1611, 2210, 3110, 5110, 6210, 6310, 6310i (up to these models totally satisfied)
Then don't remember model, then E50 (mostly happy), then N97 mini - phone with briliant keyboard, but poor touchscreen, then business phone E07, phone that can not make a photo of contract, invoice or business card. poor design of usb port and 5 months at service did it - my nowadays phone is Apple. Company gave me Asha 300, so frustrating, that I use my old E50 instead...
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Quite frankly you are making little to no sense at all. You're odd signature does not help either.

Maybe you should try and write down in clear and clean English what it is you need help with and not try and put as much fancy and bloated words into the sentences as possible.

Lastly, this is NOT Nokia Support, for that your need to go here.

---

Counsellor
palaidniex

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Win-7-8-for-Lumia/td-p/1723310
Sage
archie_

What? Colours are the issues now? Are you kidding me? :smileywink:
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

palaidniex wrote:
So, i received from service Lumia, that had problems with some homepages woth messahe, that I have to regularry update software. My surprise was that now I have still "unreleased" win 7.8 on my device (Nokia lumia 800). Why confuse customer and blame him for update that is unavailable for him? I have now ver WP 7.8, OS 7.10.8858.136; firmware 1750.0823.8858.12460 on my phone...
So it does not hang any more on those internet pages that I experienced before. But there i can not find local keyboard input language. Previously I had heard and red rumors that at least all EU country languages in new 7.8 will be supported. Does it mean that there will not be this support or I have very first upgrade that will have these additions later?

So, you had your Lumia in for service and it came back with WP7.8 installed. You find it odd since WP7.8 has not yet been released. 

What I find odd is that you were referring to your GFs Lumia before and now it seems it's yours. But anyway. Whether the service centre made a booboo or they were instructed by Nokia to upgrade if needed or the Lumia was send to a Nokia Repair facility and was updated there, this is bad for you how?

That said, the update fixed your issue and so the phone works as it should. Again, this is bad how??

Local keyboard input has been available before 7.8 so what are you saying?

It is also still in the same place as before so what are you saying?

Between 7.5 and 7.8 no additional languages were added, you heard/red rumours but hey were false.

If after all this you need to know where you setup the keyboard input languages you want to use try this.

---