Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Audio Equalizer and Dolby Settings Absent on my Lu...

Counsellor
rambosaha
Accepted Solution

Audio Equalizer and Dolby Settings Absent on my Lumia 520

enhancements under audio app which provides equalizer and dolby settings is not working on my Lumia 520. Audio(advanced) is there under settings but when opened, there is nothing under enhancements. i reset my phone once too, but didnt work out. Please help. i really need the equalizer. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Audio Equalizer and Dolby Settings Absent on my Lumia 520

The Lumia 520 doesn't currently have those settings. It's unknown if that's because it's the entry level model or if it's a software fault.

There is nothing that can be done at the moment to get those settings.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rambosaha

but when i visit the app store from my lumia through a qr code posted in the forum, the audio app had a screenshots tab where pictures showed these settings are present. both eq and dolby. isnt the store phone specific? and shows stuffs specific to the phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

The store's screen shots aren't phone specific. Some of Nokia's apps have different features depending on the phone they are installed on.

You may want to contact Nokia in your country directly and ask them if the equaliser is going to be added to the 520 at a later date.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rambosaha

Ok, Thanks a lot :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
swap1028

I am facing the same problem. When I called customer care, they told me it is working for their lumia 520 and I should visit nokia care center.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sudippal1984

Audio quality too poor due to absent of equliser and dolby settings, this is the decition of nokia for not to support this feature in lumia 520 as per information of microsoft support team. nokia should think about this again.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rambosaha

So is it absent for all 520s or just a few? If its case specific, den i should definitely visit nokia care and talk about it. Just need to be sure whether these features are there atleast in one 520, then its worth going, otherwise a total time waste! And point is there is no reason for it to be absent!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

No 520 currently has the feature so it would be a waste if time taking it to a care point.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mittalarpit1

i dnt about 520 but 720 has. For first time to see Audio Equalizer and Dolby Settings on your 520, attached your headphone & see what happens. May be you got desired settings.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rambosaha

I did try with and without my headphones attached. nothing changed...
and @psychomania- one more help, i have a video recording problem too. clicking photo is perfectly fine, but while recording videos, it records normally, but while playing it back, its distorted totally. total recorded time shown is incorrect too. first 3 seconds its ok, after that, visual is stuck, den a bit of distortion and video is over(though a lot is left). I did reset my phone, twice! then updated the phone software using NSU. Now what is the problem?? :/
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

you may have damaged your phone and voided your warranty by updating through non-official means, Rambosaha. your only option now is to take your phone to Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mig102

Why there is No Official and accurate answer given here????????? Its True there is no Audio settings in Lumia 520 but then why the settings are Given In Sound ???
its just show enhancement else nothing there and it doesn't even work after attachment of Nokia Headphones ...
i have Lumia 720 too... There is settings available in Sound..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rambosaha

@adrian - I solved this problem myself.. it was because of my sd card... it was a 4GB class 4 card. initially video recording was a problem but when i changed the default save location from sd card to phone, the video recording was perfect. so i bought a 16GB class 6 and tried it out. working flawlessly now. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rambosaha

@Mig102 - this question still persists... i dont know the solution yet myself. I dont have any other lumia 520 users amongst my friend circle, but i guess none of the 520s have the equalizer... searched the net, but still no luck. only option is just to wait and see!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Mig102 wrote:
Why there is No Official and accurate answer given here????????? Its True there is no Audio settings in Lumia 520 but then why the settings are Given In Sound ???..

There's no official answer here as this is apeer forum and not an official Nokia announcement/support channel.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Anonymous1511

maybe you purchase and ap product that not statisfy NOKIA AVAXX and NOKIA Original Reseller....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
garym11

There is no mention of audio settings in the user guide for the 520. The 521 is the same way, In all ither user guides it is described in the entertainment section,

http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/supportFiles/phones/files/pdf_guides/devices/Lumia520/Nokia_Lumia...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rambosaha

Does the equalizer need a separate hardware support like compass(which is absent in 520) or its just a software which is not provided in 520?? i am asking this because if seperate hardware support is needed, then there is no chance of getting this feature in future, but if its just a software component, then nokia may introduce it in Lumia 520..!!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

"There is no mention of audio settings in the user guide for the 520..."

There's no mention now, I see, but that Lumia 520 user guide document has been edited some time in the last few days since I downloaded it. 

3 days ago it said on page 79:

"Tip:
You can improve the quality of the sound by changing the equalizer settings. On the startscreen, swipe left, and tap Settings>audio."

Please use plain text.