Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Audio setting problem with Lumia 820.

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Audio setting problem with Lumia 820.

Received my replacement Lumia 820 handset yesterday and have it all set up nicely, only to find a problem with some settings.

In settings when i try to click "audio" for the equalizer and dolby i get an error "audio can't be opened. An app update may be available in the store" there are no updates available for the phone or the store. Also when i try to click accessories i get the same error message except it says accessories instead of audio.

I was not getting this with the previous 820 i had.

What is causing this issue? Someone know? I dont want to hard reset the handset as i've spent ages setting it up.

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? Then if you can't see the Nokia system app updates in the Store, if there are no notifications for these updates...follow the instructions in this thread: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Nokia-Windows-Phone-8-App-Updates/td-p/1640082

Let us know how you get on mate
Counsellor

thank you so much. soft reset did not work, but i did a hard reset last night which fixed it. That thread helped me as the nokia apps dont seem to be being updated, thanks a lot!
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

you're most welcome mate :smileyhappy: