Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Automatic date/time for Lumia 920

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Nokia Support may have sent you here but this is still a user to user forum. So as you can see, we can only help with user issues.

Strange you do not have a carrier information. I have seen a few handsets without this and a few don't have the manual time setting option but they have been operator versions. Both my UK Country Variants have the manual time setting. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to enable this setting. Since Portico update currently being released, perhaps you should wait and see if theis option is added once you update. If not then we shall have to see again.

DjiXas

Appreciate your help.

Already using Portico
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Thats a bummer. Do you remember if you had that option before Portico?

DjiXas

I don't think so ut my friend who bought Lumia 920 from UK rather than DE has this option, he is not on Portico yet though.

Contributor
PaulJellyOwen

Amazing - No one at Nokia or VODA will take ownership of what appears on the surface to be a simple request and one that is so IMPORTANT to corporate users. Our latest sw upgrade supports the option to automatically update Date and Time yet does sod all. Because the phone requires soft resetting on a VERY regular basis and sets itself back to Sept 2012 it is now starting to effect business as Emails ans Texts wont sync until clock is set. It becoming an embarrassment. RIM may still have some mileage left yet. Please remember Nokia some people still use theirs phones for music.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The availability of the auto time function is depending on the firmware/variant. If it's not available on the vodafone variant it is because they choose to not include it.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Contributor
PaulJellyOwen

Would you be so kind as to let us know who in the UK has decided to use it?

Registered Member
davesmits

i got an unbranded phone and missing the option too.. any explaination?

Community Manager
poochini21

[ Edited ]

Hi davesmits,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions! :cathappy:

Please check this link, it's about another Lumia phone model that is having the same exact concern: Lumia-620-no-option-for-automatic-time-update .

If you can send us the IMEI of your phone via PM, we'll be able to verify the variant of your Lumia 920. It's under Settings, and then About.

Hope to get feedback from you soon. :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

poochini21

Final Banner
Registered Member
Churfer

Hi there,

I do have the option of set automatically and yes my service provider support this service

Still it is not working soooooo annoying

Kind regards 

Nick

zden

The "Set automatically" slider is missing on my 620, too, although my operator provides such service (worked on previous SE-branded phone). Pretty annoying to say at least. If GSM-provided time is broken on WP, why does not it use GPS time info instead?
Advisor
toshibasz

Hi guys. Same problem here. Missing that "toggle" even after the Amber update. Any solution?
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Nope. No solutions I'm afraid. If the toggle is missing then it is missing and there isn't anything you can do about it sadly. Sorry for the negative post but that is the only answer that can be given at this time.
Advisor
toshibasz

And what about flashing new software? Maybe some other version?
Registered Member
MattWilson

Hi Paul

Did you get a resolution to this?  I have the same problem but between the 920 and EE, neither will take responsibility.  I have all the options I need but the date/time just never updates which like you say causes a lot of syncing issues with ActiveSync.

Thanks

Advisor
Soylent

[ Edited ]

Attached screenshots of a carrier-locked phone that has the manual clock option, as a reference to anyone who does not see it on their device

----------------------------------
Nokia Lumia 920 on ATT (US)
Registered Member

I have the same problem & It is really annoying can anybody help with this matter?